De-octopused

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 01, 2000 - 03:27 PM

Can anyone share with me their experiences with the benefits of de-octopusing their WR? Also, where can I find info on how to perform this procedure? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 01, 2000 - 04:16 PM

It is under the tech section. Basically you are making it the YZ carb. It greatly cleans up the appearance of your carb and also prevents problems from arrising, i.e. yanking off your hoses when you least want to. You will create a very nice vacuum leak directly into your intake tract. Clark was the first to experience it and came up with the correction and jet specs. I have done it and have zero problems.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 01, 2000 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Kevin.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.