Rejet after going to YZ timing?

3 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted May 31, 2000 - 03:20 PM

What do I need to do with the carb after going to the YZ timing, bigger main? I have stock exhaust w/ baffle removed. Also, stock gearing for the WR400 is 15/50 correct? After the YZ timed, should I go with something steeper like, 14/52?

• CHRIS_L

Posted June 01, 2000 - 11:23 AM

I have a 2000 WR and I am running 180 main 48 pilot 5th clip position on a dvr needle and stock gearing which works fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 01, 2000 - 01:11 PM

Stock gearing is 14/50. I went to 13/50, others are going 14/52.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 01, 2000 - 02:07 PM

for all yours,
is very interesting about jetting 00 wr4oo with timing wr, the big question? I live at level sea, warm place, and all my rides in weekend are beetwn o and 4500 feets, but 3 times for year make a trip though the montains from o´ 9000 Feets, with the mod´s (exauths, air box, totle stop) what kind of jetting do you recomend me. 14 days more I´ll get my new one, Before I had a big 600 stock now I see a ligth bike is more fun but I litle worry about the power and run lean.
thanks to every body.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.