* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4438 replies to this topic
  • SPLATT

TT Gold Member

1,056 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 11:41 AM

Got my suspension back on and did the o-ring mod while it was apart.

Steve

• jayh300

TT Platinum Member

1,861 posts

Posted June 25, 2010 - 09:54 AM

and my forks arrived back today safe and sound...

• Jackazz

TT Bronze Member

408 posts

Posted June 25, 2010 - 10:50 AM

Ordered a set of UFO blue side panels on ebay for $30 shipped.:) I'll finally get my all blue WR (already swapped the rear fender & headlight & shroud for YZ bits, & removed the OEM graphics from the rad shrouds).:banana:

• jayh300

TT Platinum Member

1,861 posts

Posted June 25, 2010 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

back together.... ride tommorrow...

• JSanfilippo

Get Help Now

8,146 posts

Posted June 25, 2010 - 09:41 PM

Freshly cleaned and oiled air filter.
Topped the battery off.
Checked subframe bolts.
Adjusted air pressures.
Checked sprocket bolts and spokes.

Goin' riding tomorrow :)

• the_smoo

TT Bronze Member

227 posts

Posted June 27, 2010 - 09:46 AM

Installed my lightly used rekluse. Took about 1.5 hours. In all a very easy job even for a novice.

Went with the stock Medium/Soft recommended setting. Dont like the constant forward creeping at idle, so might switch to the High RPM spring... other than that, works a treat!

• YamaLink

TT Addict

4,044 posts

Posted June 27, 2010 - 02:08 PM

Purchased spare clutch lever mid-week to shove in the tool pack. Normally-non-spode friend comes over, takes a quick spin like he has done so many times. Back in shop proceeds to drop bike and snap clutch lever off. He kicked himself many times over although I was doing it mentally.

Today the tool pack came out. On goes the spare and it'll be back to the shop for another Moose lever. And, yes, friend handed me a $10 bill.

• jw423

TT Member

81 posts

Posted June 27, 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ordered a set of UFO blue side panels on ebay for $30 shipped.:) I'll finally get my all blue WR (already swapped the rear fender & headlight & shroud for YZ bits, & removed the OEM graphics from the rad shrouds).:banana:

How about a pic when your done?:lol:

• JamesD

TT Silver Member

856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 27, 2010 - 07:26 PM

I tried to start my 2K WR today. I haven't had it out of storage this year. It won't stay running due to clogged jets. Time to bring it home, clean the carb, grease everything, etc...

Basically do everything I needed to do last year so it would be ready to ride.

• djrevz

TT Bronze Member

133 posts

Posted June 28, 2010 - 06:28 AM

:) doing some polishing to my BBR kickstart, brake pedal, frame guards, bash plate and my sencondary swingarm :banana: *shiny* and fitted my new trialtech vapour. and have this evening fitted my Carbon Fibre air box :lol: looking great but think i am still wanting to go back to origional colours..... :/

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by djrevz, June 28, 2010 - 02:13 PM.

• NMNORGE

TT Silver Member

577 posts

Posted June 28, 2010 - 03:09 PM

My WR is starting to remind me of my old XR400....oil, some gas and go. Very reliable bike and love that Turner lithium battery.

• Icelandic_amateur

TT Member

43 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 29, 2010 - 07:28 AM

Went riding yesterday on my 2005 WR 450. My first hardenduro ride this year; finally managed to test my latest changes to the bike, which are:
1) First and foremost, changed the front sprocket from 14 (standard) to 12 tooth.
2) I bought the bike last year; and started riding it "just as it was". Then (finally) last autum I checked the shockers setting as they were really stiff. I'm now riding the bike in it's loosest condition, i.e. compression set to soft (fast moving) and rebound also set to fast.
3) Swapped my old CHENG SING chinese rear tire for a realtively new but hard Trelleborg.

This just gave me a totally new bike. - I'm even keeping up with the guys now :)

• JamesD

TT Silver Member

856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 29, 2010 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not sure if I like black or white better but but both look awesome!
Maybe I'm just feeling a little blue with my stock plastic.

Well... I'm going to have to settle with cleaning my carb for today.

• Jackazz

TT Bronze Member

408 posts

Posted June 30, 2010 - 07:30 AM

How about a pic when your done?:)

I posted a few pics here.

• JamesD

TT Silver Member

856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 30, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Carb cleaning was postponed till today. It was UGLY!

Someone (not me) had turned on the gas while the bike was in storage so they could try to start the bike and they didn't turn it back off. So the jet wicked gas to the air and it evaporated into the air box etc... And it did this for months.

You don't realize how much sulfur is in pump gas until you have a half tank worth concentrated in your carb. EEEEEWWWWW!

The main jet looked like a bolt at first glance. There was no hole. After inserting an allen wrench where the hole should be, sulfur poured out. On top of the sulfur layer was what could best be described as tar. I didn't give it a major soaking but it allowed fuel to flow. The bike ran pretty rough for a couple minutes but now it runs great. I figure carb cleaner in the gas should clean it enough until I have time for major dis-assembly.

I'm draining the tank next year and my brother is getting a lump of coal.

• tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted June 30, 2010 - 05:29 PM

Busy day, last training ride before big race this weekend. Broke a rear spoke which chewed the hell out of my rear sprocket and blew my fork seals again :banana:
So new spoke, rear sprocket, fork seals, changed oil and new rubber front and rear. Also put some of those Motion Pro ultralight rimlocks while I was in there.
Also removed lights and speedo and put on a front number plate and Trail Tech Vector with remote handlebar switch on a couple days ago :)

Hopefully thats all behind me and she runs good for the race......

• 123BigcoopDawg576

TT Titanium Member

2,664 posts

Posted June 30, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hopefully thats all behind me and she runs good for the race......

She will :)

• tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted July 01, 2010 - 10:42 AM

She will :banana:

She always does :)

It's a good thing it happened yesterday. I only did a 1/2 hr session on my practise loop, stopped for a little break and noticed the spoke. The nipple broke in half so the spoke stayed in the wheel and it was eating the sprocket and started to eat the hub. Couldn't notice it riding :lol:
It's a 3hr Cros Country race, one big loop. Would have sucked out there and probably would have killed my hub.
Not to mention this race is famous for it's huge descents and fork oil and front brakes aren't a good combo :lol:

• tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted July 01, 2010 - 02:47 PM

Here's some pics of my bikes new look with the front # plate and Vector speedo

Posted Image

Handlebar switch with lap timer and rally mode

Posted Image

Front # plate

Posted Image

Also cracked my old abused skid plate as well as tore one of the front mounting inserts of the bike so got the new heavy duty Scorpion one for my bday :)

Posted Image

Ready for the races :banana:

Posted Image

• jayh300

TT Platinum Member

1,861 posts

Posted July 01, 2010 - 02:56 PM

Here's some pics of my bikes new look with the front # plate and Vector speedo

Posted Image

Handlebar switch with lap timer and rally mode

Posted Image

Front # plate

Posted Image

Also cracked my old abused skid plate as well as tore one of the front mounting inserts of the bike so got the new heavy duty Scorpion one for my bday :)

Posted Image

Ready for the races :banana:

Posted Image

looks awesome...

Related Content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.