* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4429 replies to this topic
  • gdavis1967

TT Newbie

4 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 02:13 PM

Charged the battery, turned on the fuel.... and nothing happened!:thumbsup: Got pissed, put it away till tommorrow and worked on the kids bikes!

• SPLATT

TT Gold Member

1,056 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 02:27 PM

I looked at it when I was at my moms house(she's storing it for me until I can get my storage area cleaned out).Does that count for anything?

Steve

• gsa102

TT Silver Member

937 posts

Posted March 06, 2010 - 03:08 PM

Rode mine at an indoor track yesterday until I got rubber arms and monkey butt.

• swolf

TT Bronze Member

197 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 06, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Greased the linkage, swing arm, shock and headset. Jetted for higher altitude, Changed the pilot jet and screw for now. Oil change and cleaned the air filter. Chipped all the ice from the trailer parking area. Come on spring!!!

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted March 07, 2010 - 06:18 PM

Rode it the last three weekends:ride:weather has been great:banana:last week the computer smoked:foul:looking at getting a trail tech to replace it.

• Mntnchild123

TT Newbie

4 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 06:37 AM

Finished installing my new Tusk brand enduro kit. (from rockymountainatv.com) Not very difficult at all. However...I cant seem to get the headlight to work. Im not sure of the placement of the main vs high vs low beam wires. Also, Ive bled and bled and bled the rear brakes. I swear there is more air than when I started. Got my dual sport tires too. I'll post some pics when Im done. peace/love/motorcycles

• ASternad

TT Silver Member

726 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 06:49 AM

I’ve often wondered how well those work. Let us know!

Put 30miles of Single track on the TuBliss system. Ran 10psi in the rear and 12psi in the frt. No issues, lots of traction. Hard to say what a real life result is cause the dirt was perfect and tires were new. Going out again Saturday, may have more data after that ride.

• weathergeek

TT Titanium Member

2,270 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 11:56 AM

Put 30miles of Single track on the TuBliss system. Ran 10psi in the rear and 12psi in the frt. No issues, lots of traction. Hard to say what a real life result is cause the dirt was perfect and tires were new. Going out again Saturday, may have more data after that ride.

We are all ears.

• deucebarajas

TT Member

33 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 05:51 PM

Put some new graphics (flu 2010) on. Lets say that wasnt fun. Well after changeing pilot jet then put new tires (doing it myself for the frist time) on my sons TTR 50, pinching a tube.:thumbsup::lol: back to local store for new tube. took tube out, put new one in...all good:banana: Then put on new graphics....Shourd and number plate graphics pain in the a$$..everthing else not to bad.. now gotta change out bent front rim...dont know if gonna get black or blue rims???????

Posted Image
Posted Image

• mweitz

TT Bronze Member

259 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:00 PM

Washed it.

Posted Image

• headbolt

TT Newbie

20 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 07:33 PM

Serviced my 07 WR450F today after riding for the first time with the Rekluse Z Start Pro clutch installed. Man i loved it! It's worth every penny i spent on it. Tight, nasty single track trails are where it really shines, the more technical the better it works. I recommend this to anyone who rides tight, wooded technical trails.

• ForumSn0w

TT Member

42 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 12:00 AM

Took the carburetor apart for the first time and gave it a thorough cleaning, plus installed R&D FlexJet. I've got an off idle bog now, but will be fixed in the morning. Pretty proud of myself for getting everything back in place with no extra parts. News handlebars too... :thumbsup:

• abroekstra

TT Newbie

1 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 01:51 PM

I just put on a T.M. designworks chain guide and a Scorpion Racing skid plate on my 2009 WR 450F. She looks great! I love her!

• jayh300

TT Platinum Member

1,861 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 01:56 PM

works connection skid plate... ordered pro tapers and new hand guards.. will post up when i get them on...

• Chevy_Cowboy
4,087 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 24, 2010 - 09:54 PM

cleaned the carb, changed the oil and coolant, and took it for the first short ride of the year. Between house hunting, moving, and work I hadn't touched it since last summer. It felt damn good to rip around my field on it a bit!

Also ordered a Trailtech Vapor and a new battery for it, should be here next week.

• todhog

TT Member

35 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 05:36 AM

Where did you order your battery? Mine's toast too.

Todd

• Chevy_Cowboy
4,087 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 25, 2010 - 12:34 PM

TT store. They have a parts unlimited brand for $55 I think or the OEM YUASA brand.

Considering mine was original and I got over 5 years out of it, I went with the YUASA. http://shop.thumpert...ctCode=PU_ytz7s

Edited by Chevy_Cowboy, March 25, 2010 - 01:31 PM.

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 01:17 PM

TT store. They have a parts unlimited brand for 55 or the OEM YUASA brand.

Considering mine was original and I got over 5 years out of it, I went with the YUASA. http://shop.thumpert...ctCode=PU_ytz7s

Wow! A bit pricy :thumbsup: Think I'll go this route

http://www.ebattonline.com/

• woodsk

TT Silver Member

543 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 03:10 AM

Wow! A bit pricy :thumbsup: Think I'll go this route

http://www.ebattonline.com/

I am looking at the same thing - but for a 450 it is recommended that you get the 8 cell version that is $140

I only get a little over a year out of the yuasa turds so if the ebatt lasts only 2 years I have already saved money

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,834 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 12:50 PM

I installed a new Race Tech rear spring. My fat ass has been riding around 3 years on a under sprung bike. Looking foward to this weekend to see how it is.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

The Teanaway is no BS! by Nuklhed

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.