TT Bronze Member

105 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 11:03 AM

I added home made graphics to my number plates

• ch_250

TT Bronze Member

314 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:53 PM

Went riding and busted through the ice in the ditch. water up to the carb. Boots completely full of ice water. we went back and put my boots upside down in front of the heater for an hour. Then i put bags on my feet, put my boots back on and headed out again for another few hours. Can't wait for summer.

• diegox450

TT Bronze Member

308 posts

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:55 PM

Washed her and cleaned and greased the throttle assembly...

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:58 AM

Gave her a bath, changed oil/filter air filter. General check for lose bolts, checked tire inflation. Doing the sliverwood/arrowhead ride Monday! :lol: Should be about 65 up there ... perfect!! :p

• ARyder

TT Bronze Member

113 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 03:27 PM

Bled the front brakes, they felt mushy. Had air in them.
Got my GYTR AIS Kit in and a GYTR fuel screw.
This is where I am at right now:
http://s552.photobuc...th_DSCF0128.jpg

I did the O-ring mod with an o-ring from a DID 520 chain. The two o-rings are almost the same size, so I figured I would try this. The chain o-ring seems to have a bit more tension on it. http://s552.photobuc...th_DSCF0130.jpg

I bought a 2005 YZ450F stock exhaust off ebay, should be here Thursday.

Now I am going to take the carb off, put in the GYTR needle and jet and throttle stop and the adj. fuel screw. Had to take a break and get something to eat.

I'll be sending the AIS stuff of to a TT member.

• ch_250

TT Bronze Member

314 posts

Posted April 13, 2009 - 09:24 PM

A while back i designed my own graphics and sent them off to my aunt who printed them. I cost me fifty bucks. I promised i'd post pictures, but i used my friend's camera and he deleted them cuz he thought i was done with them, so i'll tell you how it worked out.

They looked awesome. great solid colour, tough material and real sticky. The problem was that they were kind of papery and didn't stretch at all. When i started putting them on, they got some wrinkles and because of what they were made of, the wrinkles wouldn't come out. The instructions said if they were going to be used outside it would be good to laminate them, so i got some laminate and put it on. The problem was that the stickers had wrinkles and the laminate didn't form tightly to th wrinkles and developed some bubbles around them. In the end the smooth parts looked great, but the wrinkles ruined it.

My aunt added a bunch of logos and things on the side and so i took off the graphics and put those on and laminated them. They look great.

All in all i would say it was a good experiment. I'm sure it would work great if i had gotten a different type of stuff to print it on. I was in a print shop downtown and they showed me some stuff that they could use for it and it would work i'm sure. It was plastic and stretchy and seethrough. They could also laminate it so the ink would stay on real good.

With the right material it would work great. I plan to get more stickers made once my aunt can get a hold of some of that plastic stuff.

• tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Got my insurance so I'm road legal for the season, then went and rode the MX track for a couple hours.
Gotta love the versatility of a WR :p

• weathergeek

TT Titanium Member

2,270 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Changed oil on both WR's, switched petcocks and put new rubber on the rear.

• JSanfilippo

Get Help Now

8,146 posts

Posted April 15, 2009 - 09:42 PM

I used my WR as a coat hanger and tool bench.

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:11 PM

I used my WR as a coat hanger and tool bench.

That's just wrong! :p

• diegox450

TT Bronze Member

308 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:18 PM

Installed new grips, greased the chain, cleaned the filter... ready for Rio Turbio trails.. three days of snow, mud and water... :p

• trailman006

TT Bronze Member

254 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 05:57 PM

Installed my my freshly rebuilt,revalved and resprung shock from Factory Connection. While I had it apart installed a 7602 Racing T6 carb filter. Hope to finish it all up tommorow night with new sprockets and chain then ride her hard Sunday

• iamjoefox

TT Member

53 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 07:05 PM

Completed the repairs from the New Years crash tonite.:p I thought it was going to be a chunk of change, but I went the Walt Disney Engineering route and got off cheap.:cry:

Straightened the subframe. It was only pushed over an inch and a half.
Posted Image

Welded, blasted, and coated my left side cover.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Welded new seat mounts.
Posted Image

Installd the ebay front master cylinder.
Posted Image

Cut, straightened, and patched my silencer. I have a new 09 take off coming from a fellow TTer, but this will get me through this weekend.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Installed the new rear fender, and I'm ready for this weekend.:lol:
Posted Image

haha i love the subframe jig. looks like your a good fabricator.

• DMeadowsWR450

TT Newbie

1 posts

Posted April 16, 2009 - 07:23 PM

I just got my '07 WR450 back from the shop today. The history... On my last ride a buddy leaned his bike against mine and when he lifted it off his foot peg pulled out my oil line. The issue being unseen untill later my cams melted into my head.

So today all said and done I had my motor rebuilt (:lol: month process), Hotcam intake cam, boyesen quickshot2 accel/pump cover, and a FMF Q4 slip-on. Seems fast on the street, saturday will be my first trial run.

Personally not haveing work done at that shop ever again!:p

Anyone have input on these mods? Did they work well for you?

Simple upgradeds have already been done smog delet etc.

• mashburnmotorsports

TT Newbie

14 posts

Posted April 17, 2009 - 05:06 AM

Installed ais kit wow!!!!!!!! Its almost close to riding my yz-450 now 80+ mph at 12:30 am headlight is great.

Mash

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,834 posts

Posted April 17, 2009 - 05:18 AM

haha i love the subframe jig. looks like your a good fabricator.

Rumaging through the scrap bin and spending an hour, was alot better then spending $400 bucks on a new one. If I could have found one on ebay for cheap, I would have went that route, but this worked out just fine.:p

• ARyder

TT Bronze Member

113 posts

Posted April 17, 2009 - 10:29 AM

Finished up removing the AIS stuff.
Went to UPS to ship the AIS to a TT member....$8.00 shipping.
Removed the WR exhaust and put a 2005 YZ450F stock pipe on it. Got it off ebay for $80.
http://s552.photobuc...nt=DSCF0131.jpg

Didn't know it but the WR pipe was twisted at the front of the muffler.
The YZ is louder but it's not obnoxiously loud. The bike runs good with no popping on deceleration and pulls good on the little test run I did up into 3rd gear.

Ordered a 120 rear tire from the shop that did my suspension. They test rode the bike too and liked it with the YZ pipe on it.

• NMNORGE

TT Silver Member

577 posts

Posted April 17, 2009 - 10:33 AM

Finished up removing the AIS stuff.
Went to UPS to ship the AIS to a TT member....$8.00 shipping.
Removed the WR exhaust and put a 2005 YZ450F stock pipe on it. Got it off ebay for $80.
http://s552.photobuc...nt=DSCF0131.jpg

Didn't know it but the WR pipe was twisted at the front of the muffler.
The YZ is louder but it's not obnoxiously loud. The bike runs good with no popping on deceleration and pulls good on the little test run I did up into 3rd gear.

Ordered a 120 rear tire from the shop that did my suspension. They test rode the bike too and liked it with the YZ pipe on it.

Does the YZ pipe require richer fuel screw setting or jetting?

• ARyder

TT Bronze Member

113 posts

Posted April 17, 2009 - 01:42 PM

I used the GYTR AIS removal kit. It came with a 48 pilot (stock is a 45 on mine) and the GYTR needle(clip in the #4 position) replaced the non adjustable stock one. I just simply followed the instructions that came with the kit.
I did get the GYTR adjustable fuel screw at the same time. The OEM one was 4 1/8 turns out. From what I've read, that is way too far out. I have the adjustable one at 1 turn out.
I also did the Oring mod. I have the Orings from HomeDepot but I ended up using an Oring from some 520 chain links I cut when putting a new chain on my 636.
I tried adjusting the AP, but no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to hit the slide, so I just put it back to the original position.
To answer you question, I did rejet, but only what the instructions told me to do. When I take her out next week sometime, I'll get a better idea where the jetting is at.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 headlight by donkeyballz

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

The Teanaway is no BS! by Nuklhed

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods by chelder

• Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.