* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4436 replies to this topic
  • ch_250

TT Bronze Member

314 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:13 PM

i decided graphics were too expensive so i designed my own and sent them to get printed. Now i wait for the results.

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:17 PM

i decided graphics were too expensive so i designed my own and sent them to get printed. Now i wait for the results.

Be sure to post some pictures and let us know how the paint holds up!

• acarter92

TT Bronze Member

117 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 09:53 AM

Who are you getting to print them for you? And if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying?

Thanks,
Austin

• ch_250

TT Bronze Member

314 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 03:27 PM

i have an aunt that's a photographer and she has a big fancy printer that can print anything. i just asked her to do it. she said it would be about 5 bucks a foot for the sticker material. There's no painting involved, and i will post pictures for sure. I figure if it doesn't work out, i've lost about 20 bucks. If it does, i'll never buy graphics again. I put about 5 hours into designing them.

• acarter92

TT Bronze Member

117 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 03:38 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I'll be sure to check back for pictures.

Ausitn

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 10:01 PM

Rode it hard today :lol: at Paradise Valley

• ch_250

TT Bronze Member

314 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 11:36 AM

it'll probly be about three weeks before i get them. my aunt lives in ontario and im in manitoba. my dad is coming up in a few weeks and ill get them then

• hillclimbguy

TT Titanium Member

2,069 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 11:41 AM

What i did to mine was ride the krap out of it. What a bike. I abused it till I could'nt take it no more. I was tired and called it a day. What a bike for being a basket case when I got it. No overheating, and no oil leaks. Its ready for the big ride at Kennedy Meadows over the summer.

• 2006wr450f

TT Bronze Member

322 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:22 AM

Installed a new UNI air filter.

• weathergeek

TT Titanium Member

2,270 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:20 PM

Straightened rad guard and radiator, replaced and ready to rock and roll this weekend.

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,835 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 07:05 AM

Straightened rad guard and radiator, replaced and ready to rock and roll this weekend.

:ride:

:p

• weathergeek

TT Titanium Member

2,270 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:03 AM

:p

:ride:

Another foot or two to the right and it would have been MY elbow and not the radiator. Damn rock was sticking out of the side of the hill.:p :moon: However, I'm dishonest enough to say that it was NOT rider error.:moon: :lol: :banana:

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,835 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Another foot or two to the right and it would have been MY elbow and not the radiator. Damn rock was sticking out of the side of the hill.:p :ride: However, I'm dishonest enough to say that it was NOT rider error.:moon: :moon: :lol:

I have no right to give you crap about crashing your bike on a rock, but I figured someone needed to.:p

• weathergeek

TT Titanium Member

2,270 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:53 AM

I have no right to give you crap about crashing your bike on a rock, but I figured someone needed to.:p

You are not the first. How long till you are back in the saddle? You must be aching to ride by now.

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,835 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 11:15 AM

You are not the first. How long till you are back in the saddle? You must be aching to ride by now.

I'm planning on getting the all clear at my 3/17 appointment, I just hope the Doctor and x-ray agree. I just can't wait to roost soom desert green, it has to be beatiful out there right now.:p

• sdg8569

TT Member

29 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:37 AM

Hey Tim what did you do? I had shoulder surger on Jan 20th and was told by the doctor yesterday that no work or fun until at least April 14th. This sucks I wanna ride but more so I wanna go back to work. This sitting around the house all day sucks.

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,835 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hey Tim what did you do? I had shoulder surger on Jan 20th and was told by the doctor yesterday that no work or fun until at least April 14th. This sucks I wanna ride but more so I wanna go back to work. This sitting around the house all day sucks.

I broke my ulna on January 3rd, and had surgery on the 8th. At 6 weeks they said I was 85%, so I am hoping for good news next visit. Here is the link to the RR of the trip if your bored.

http://www.thumperta...830#post7447830

• sdg8569

TT Member

29 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:31 AM

I checked it out and that place looks like a fun riding area. Looks like there are some natural hits to get a little crazy on.

• timoyz1

TT Platinum Member

1,835 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:06 AM

I checked it out and that place looks like a fun riding area. Looks like there are some natural hits to get a little crazy on.

Pole Line and Shell Reef are legendary. I think the majority of people that go to Ocotillo Wells, go and ride, and watch at Shell Reef all day.

• whoops dude

TT Titanium Member

2,300 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:27 PM

drained the gas tank and tomorrow I'm gonna pull the carb and clean it.....hopefully

Related Content

Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.