* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4429 replies to this topic
  • kayloe

TT Newbie

20 posts

Posted April 25, 2008 - 12:03 PM

same lubed it, filled her up and told her she was gona get it tomorrow big time!!

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted April 25, 2008 - 02:04 PM

I changed the oil and filter and put on a few decals gona ride her hard tomorrow:ride: :thumbsup:

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted April 25, 2008 - 05:16 PM

Took it for a 60 mi loop up in the Arrowhead aera. Perfect Weather! :ride: Trails were a little lose but that's 1/2 the fun! :thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Get Help Now

8,146 posts

Posted April 25, 2008 - 10:00 PM

Yesterday after work I saw that the fork seals were weeping...not puddles on the floor mind you, but you could tell that the dust seal spread fork oil on the bottom fork leg. So I took some film and cleaned out the dirt from under the oil seal.

Good as new :thumbsup:

• rubberband-man

TT Member

91 posts

Posted April 26, 2008 - 01:08 AM

I wrecked and put a nice 45% kink in my exhaust pipe.

• MountainMax

TT Platinum Member

1,552 posts

Posted April 26, 2008 - 04:08 AM

It was the other day, but I changed my front fork seals and installed some seal savers, ready for a good ride today, it's going to get up to 9 deegrees C today, toasty warm..... We can only go on the roads yet as that's all that is melted off but we gotta go, have that itch

• dooboy2112

TT Newbie

11 posts

Posted April 30, 2008 - 12:26 PM

I have done nothing to bike today or in the last three weeks. Need to get it ready for riding this weekend.:eek:

• Nathanael

TT Titanium Member

2,082 posts

Posted April 30, 2008 - 03:26 PM

Bought new handlegrips, bark busters, and new compression lever to repair the damage caused by the tree it ate at a Hare Scramble last Saturday.

• willy_fitz

TT Bronze Member

176 posts

Posted April 30, 2008 - 04:54 PM

Went to start my '03 Big Blue and the battery didn't have enough electrons to get her going. I store the bike in the trailer for the winter because the FJR gets to stay in my tiny garage since it is bigger and will beat up the WR if left alone. I had intended to take the battery out and stick it on the tender but obviously that didn't happen :eek:
I put the battery tender on the WR battery and am still in the process of blinging the younger brother Big Blue (08) with a Recluse Pro Z-Start, Scott Stabilizer & Shark Fin, Acerbis Hand Guards and Front Rotor Guard, Garmin 296C GPS, JD jet kit, Zip-Ty mixture screw, Gripper seat and a few other items.

• STECKNINE

TT Bronze Member

338 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 07:02 AM

I almost got my dream bike all together! First off the YZ Forks with, Factory Connection re valve. IMS tank with, dry brake, new pro tapers, Scott stabilizer, Cycras, E line skid plate, T.M. design chain guide, Maxxis desert IT and, my FMF set up should be in today...:eek: Posted Image

• TheBlackSheep

The TT shirts are gay!!

4,926 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I almost got my dream bike all together! First off the YZ Forks with, Factory Connection re valve. IMS tank with, dry brake, new pro tapers, Scott stabilizer, Cycras, E line skid plate, T.M. design chain guide, Maxxis desert IT and, my FMF set up should be in today...:p Posted Image

Nice number, Stoner. :applause:

........ bahhh :eek:

• STECKNINE

TT Bronze Member

338 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 07:25 AM

Its my lucky number!:p I have held it strong in MRANN for 6 years! I'm going for the number 1 plate in over 30 expert this year. I don't think that I could give up the ol 420 plate though..:eek:

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 11:00 AM

Flogged it once more. Put it awat dirty and HOT. Oh yeah. Need to get that thing out more often. Good for the soul therapy.

• runeo

TT Newbie

11 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 12:15 PM

Let her out with her brothers and sisters.
Posted Image

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted May 02, 2008 - 09:17 PM

took a couple pics to update my collection... added features since last time include home made step seat and white handguards.

Posted ImagePosted Image

• WR450FGreg

TT Silver Member

610 posts

Posted May 03, 2008 - 12:02 AM

Hi guys,

I'm brand new here.
Bought my first WR450F a few weeks back!

I made my own bashplate here in my little home workshop. Cost me $5 for materials (second hand al. plate) and $25 to get it TIG welded.

Posted Image

I'm half-way through fitting one of those universal tailights. I have designed a support bracket and should have it all finished tomorrow hopefully.

Posted Image

Greg

• Alternative

TT Bronze Member

259 posts

Posted May 03, 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hi guys,

I'm brand new here.
Bought my first WR450F a few weeks back!

I made my own bashplate here in my little home workshop. Cost me $5 for materials (second hand al. plate) and $25 to get it TIG welded.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Very nice job on that skidplate, looks just like a bought one :eek:.

• Frostbite

TT Platinum Member

1,609 posts

Posted May 03, 2008 - 10:38 AM

My new plastic and graphics arrived yesterday, so I put the stickers on the plastic last night and swapped old plastic for new this morning.

I got a nice surprise with the graphics kit - Identical design (but different shape) tank shroud graphics for both WR and YZ, although they didn't advertise that. It worked out great, because I bought a set of YZ shrouds for my new tank, so I installed the YZ graphics on those and put the WR graphics on the new shrouds that came with the plastic kit.

Both plastic and graphics fit great, and were very reasonable - $99 for plastic and $89 for stickers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The flowers are from the kids in the neighborhood. They love the bike and are always leaving gifts on it. Last time was it was a BIG Barbie doll, like 2 feet high, sitting on the seat when I walked out. I didn’t want to ride around with the doll (‘cause I was afraid the other kids would tease me) but I think the flowers are kool. :eek:

• arcticaaron

TT Newbie

17 posts

Posted May 03, 2008 - 02:40 PM

Man Frostbite, that is one nice setup!

• Frostbite

TT Platinum Member

1,609 posts

Posted May 03, 2008 - 04:12 PM

Man Frostbite, that is one nice setup!

Hey Aron

Judging buy your location, something like this would extend your riding season a bit......or were you talking about the flower arrangement? Haha.

I checked out a few of your pics, very nice.:eek:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 headlight by donkeyballz

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

• Hot  55 replies
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.