* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4430 replies to this topic
  • redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:55 PM

gave mine a good washing before i send it to phoenix to get race prepped! i've got the 6 hours of glen helen this sunday!

• pcmech2

TT Member

52 posts

Posted March 25, 2008 - 05:29 AM

i ordered 2 swing arms to cut up & make a 4-6" extended one....

• tarmac_terrorist

TT Bronze Member

125 posts

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:13 AM

I drove down to gretna and picked up my nice and shiny bike trailer. I bought a fire extinguisher & some tie downs. I started my WR up and organised some dirt bike lessons. A few more weeks and i will finally ride my WR . Happy times:ride:

• Dube2

TT Gold Member

1,263 posts

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:51 AM

Installed an 07 Electronic Speedo/Odometer/Tri Meter on my 05. Just needed to make a nice aluminum bracket to bolt to the stock tripple clamp and WALA! Works just fine. Picked up the Meter, Sending Unit, and Fork Guards from E-bay, $150 delivered. Had 0 miles on it. :confused:

• honeycutt

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted March 28, 2008 - 12:23 PM

Put on a new rear Maxxis IT 120, awesome tire. New Hi Bend Pro Tapers and Uni vent plugs for the airbox. Breathing a lot better now!!

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted March 28, 2008 - 06:01 PM

cleaned up and changed the oil in my 99 just in case we need a back up bike for the 6 hours of glen helen... sure hope we don't have to ride it.

• simica

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted March 28, 2008 - 08:17 PM

Installed last years model of a DMC Afterburner Comp slip on exhaust and the YZ exhaust cam into my '05. Fired up as soon as I hit the button and sounded great and immediately noticed that it revved up a little faster. Then took out onto the street and pulled back into the garage with a big smile on my face. Wow, what a difference! I will be going up to Gorman on Sunday so I'll give a full report. Installed Zeta Billet unbreakable levers, look and feel very smooth. Also just got some tank/shroud graphics from Dirt Digits. Will take a picture soon with all the goodies.

Hey red, good luck in the 6 hour. I did it last year on my wr and had a great time, the bike never missed a beat. If I'm healthy, I hope to ironman it next year. Let me know how it went.

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted March 28, 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hey red, good luck in the 6 hour. I did it last year on my wr and had a great time, the bike never missed a beat. If I'm healthy, I hope to ironman it next year. Let me know how it went.

thanks... i'll let everyone know how it went.

well the oil in my 99 looked like chocolate syrup and there were enough metal flakes in the filter that i don't know how the oil cirulated through...lol. i need to sell it to someone quick!

• STECKNINE

TT Bronze Member

338 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 06:59 AM

I striped out all the inserts in my float bowl trying to re jet it.:prof: It seems that I have spent more time working on the bike then riding it. Looks like I will be riding the 2 smoke today..:bonk:

• mmm0042

TT Gold Member

1,131 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 12:46 PM

Move it over so I could get the cr250r out of the garage for riding today! :prof:

• SXP

TT Titanium Member

2,000 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 07:09 PM

It was that time, so I thought I'd try something a little different to stand out from the herd. I have a black and blue Acerbis Spider front disc guard on order to replace the white/blue guard currently on the bike to complete the project. I've tried to keep it as clean and uncluttered as possible. So, what do you guys/gals think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• resinlips

TT Silver Member

666 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 07:58 PM

It's awesome bud, very nice. I'm thinkin black rims.

• SXP

TT Titanium Member

2,000 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 08:07 PM

It's awesome bud, very nice. I'm thinkin black rims.

I wish....too expensive:cry:

Thanks for the kudos:thumbsup:

• mmm0042

TT Gold Member

1,131 posts

Posted March 29, 2008 - 08:10 PM

Wow, nice looking wr. I wish mine was that nice!

Though I probably won't want to ride it! :prof:

• simica

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted March 30, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Today was my first ride after installing a YZ exhaust cam in my '05 WR 450. OH MY!! What a difference! I thought I was riding my son's '06 YZF. Big increase through out the entire powerband. Now at the same time I installed last years model of the DMC Afterburner Comp4 slip on, so I don't know how much the pipe added to it, but I am one happy camper. The install was very educational and I'm glad I had help from someone who knew more about motors than me. The mark on the YZ cam did not install in the same location as the WR cam was at. I will post a picture of the DMC pipe soon. Thanks to all who recommended the cam, I do to now!

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 12:23 PM

today i'm gonna give her a good scrubbin cause she's got mud caked on pretty bad from the race yesturday. i rode it in the 6 hours of Glen Helen and on my third lap i ended up crashing and bent the exhaust pipe into the rear tire... rode 6 more miles before i could pit and straighten it out.

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 06:14 PM

[quote name='SXP']It was that time, so I thought I'd try something a little different to stand out from the herd. I have a black and blue Acerbis Spider front disc guard on order to replace the white/blue guard currently on the bike to complete the project. I've tried to keep it as clean and uncluttered as possible. So, what do you guys/gals think?QUOTE]

Nice looking ride.

Just one issue, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to clean bro. Need to bring it up here so we can toss some dirt on it. :prof:

• mmm0042

TT Gold Member

1,131 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 07:57 PM

Put some heat tape on the bottom of the tank. Had a fuel boiling issue last year. That and some new levers.

• Face plant

TT Member

29 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:04 PM

It was that time, so I thought I'd try something a little different to stand out from the herd. I have a black and blue Acerbis Spider front disc guard on order to replace the white/blue guard currently on the bike to complete the project. I've tried to keep it as clean and uncluttered as possible. So, what do you guys/gals think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You forgot to get underneath and take a photo looking up............ya got the rest though.:prof:
Looks good dude

• JSanfilippo

Get Help Now

8,146 posts

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I looked at it on my way out to the car. I'm thinking I'll take it out friday

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

• 0 replies
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.