Slapped the tag of my '03 onto the 2012 I bought yesterday
and rode thru town. (I figured to police a WR450F tag on a WR450F should look ok)
- much higher (maybe the MX tires, maybe the pre owner used stiffer springs)
- absolutely great front brake, way better than the one on my '03
- less stiction than the '03 fork
- loud (got slightly better after stuffing in the snorkel)
- trying the quiet muffler insert
- finally get a '06 YZ exhaust cam
- sit it onto a dyno to harvest comparison data for my personal WR400F vs. WR450F-carb vs. WR450EFI shootout
(WR400F had 40,5 ponies at the wheel, WR450F'03 had ~41 but muuuch more torque around 4000-7000 rpms)
Setting my late WR400F to YZ timing was tuning action I ever did, the ticket to great torque w/o noise or glowing headers.
Edited by dipr, April 23, 2015 - 10:30 AM.