* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4429 replies to this topic
  • off_road_4_me

Get Help Now

7,367 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 07:50 PM

I finally got around to washing it :busted: my new handguards still arent here though :worthy:

• JSanfilippo

Get Help Now

8,146 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:01 PM

I lubed the chain, started it, let the float bowl run dry, and then I put it up.

I did spend about 1.5 hrs washing and goin through the bike I sold my aunt. Shes had it for 7 months and has done no maintenence...granted shes only ridden it 100 miles since but still :busted:

• 2lcf

TT Bronze Member

109 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Just got back from a ride........and all I can say after all the mods and exhaust is ............. OH MY GOD.............this thing is scary fast :busted: :worthy: ..... I should have bought one years ago............. now looking to sell my 99 YZ 250........

• 2006wr450f

TT Bronze Member

322 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 03:10 PM

My bike has been sitting in my garage for 2 weeks now needing a bath. So today she go it.

• bhiggins25

TT Bronze Member

231 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 05:30 PM

Finished my Baja preparations! Trip is still three weeks away but I am more or less ready...valves adjusted, big gas tank and fender packs installed, and new tires.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I get back I'm changing the chain and sprocket,and putting this on.

Posted Image

• SoCalMo

TT Member

34 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:02 PM

I'd like to see some pics of this, sounds like some great mods.

Well it wasn't this weekend but I recently added the following to my 2007 WR450:

- 3.1 Gal. IMS tank
- YZ radiator shrouds (no graphics for them yet though)
- Gold Unabiker radiator guards (absolutely awesome!)
- F*Word Industries flag mount (great mount)
- Cycra Probend hand guards (very strong)
- Aluminum clutch cover cover
- DNA Extreme black wheel and polished hub with paddle tire
- Disconnected the TPS sensor until I can get my new muffler and bike jetted properly
- All free mods except disconnecting the gray wire - the dealer said disconnecting the gray wire is a hoax and not recommended so they wouldn't do it.

~Adam

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 08:55 PM

bought and installed a new air filter on the 07...

• BKRacing

TT Bronze Member

465 posts

Posted February 09, 2008 - 10:31 PM

Finished my Baja preparations! Trip is still three weeks away but I am more or less ready...valves adjusted, big gas tank and fender packs installed, and new tires.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I get back I'm changing the chain and sprocket,and putting this on.

Posted Image

Yeah, you look ready. Im totally envious. Im soo ready for a Baja trip, its been way too long. Have fun, ride safe.

• Kirkster

TT Bronze Member

162 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:18 AM

Finished the grueling 8 hour session with the WR yesterday. There must be a trick to getting the intake boot back over the carb's intake because it took me at least an hour with many bad four letter words (it got so bad that the wife came out to check up on me) and thrown tools. I hope to never have to go back into the carb again (but I know I will have to eventually)

So after I finally got the carb and subframe back together I decided that I needed to go after the low hanging fruit. That was a Works Connection rear brake cylinder cover.

Thankfully that went on with no issues. Because putting on the Works Connection radiator guard was a pain in the butt. I ended up draining the whole cooling system (I intended to do this to put engine ice in there once it got warmer but putting on the rad guards without taking off the rads was too much trouble. So I drained and flushed the system I took the rads off which turned out to be pretty easy. Putting the guards on was pretty easy and they fit well. I like the fact that I am able to retain the plastic air diverters since getting good air flow is important in slow woods riding.

Finally the flat lands racing Skid plate went on with almost no hassle...

Time to go riding...

• RAZ227

TT Bronze Member

358 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:42 AM

Rode it; washed it; now will take it to the suspension shop tomorrow to have the seals replaced and the suspension revalved and set up to my wt and riding style. Wish me luck

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:51 AM

What is this with washing DIRTBIKEs??? Ride them through mud puddles. Gets you and the bike clean. two fer one deal.

Tried finding that commercial link where the dude comes down and calls this guy "A SALLY" for washing his dirtbike.

I plan to ride today. See what plans the daughter has instead. UGH!

• el cubano

TT Newbie

14 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:56 PM

i just got mine rady for presidents day weekend
I m going from san felipe to bay LA with a bunch f other peoples

• SJMC_DON

TT Addict

4,806 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:02 PM

Rode it hard :applause:

Our winter up here in Western WA has been brutal, floods, snow storms, etc... we usually ride year round but this year riding opportunities have been far and few between...

Anyway, got some new backgrounds and #'s put on, new seat cover... still have swing arm / shock bearings, rear spring, chain & sprockets, wheel bearings and valve shims waiting for me on the bench in the shop... :)

• Albie

TT Bronze Member

177 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 09:13 PM

Did around 100 miles today. Got to mix business with pleasure. Rode it around some land we're looking to buy. Hill climbs, swamps, thick brush, and Interstates! Got to love a dual sport! :applause:

• SPLATT

TT Gold Member

1,056 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 09:21 PM

I'm in the middle of doing maintenance as well as installing all the goodies I bought for it.And I think when I get my tax return back I may just get some new plastics and graphics and touch up the frame paint.

Steve

• matt4x4

TT Addict

3,167 posts

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:32 AM

New countershaft seal, new chain.
Got the subframe back on after painting frame and partial subframe, Got the swingarm shock and linkage back in after an overhaul (paint/sticker) and new bearings, got the carb back in after cleanning with new fuel screw and fuel lines, got the E exhaust on, got the YZ fender on, the homemade LED taillight mounted, the Moose racing fender bag on, waiting on a seal to zip up the motor. Then I can start cleaning\tearing down the front end, grease the front wheel bearing, and replace the fluid in the brakes, that should be it.

Posted Image

• Himsa123

TT Bronze Member

294 posts

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:19 PM

got ims tank, yz shrouds, graphics, hand guards, and seat cover:applause:

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

TT Addict

4,806 posts

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:27 PM

got ims tank, yz shrouds, graphics, hand guards, and seat cover:applause:

Posted Image

Is that a WR rear fender in White? If so, where did you get it?

Thanks!

• Himsa123

TT Bronze Member

294 posts

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:37 PM

its a WR fender that i removed and painted myself. it was a pain and prob wont last that long until i dump the bike lol but i like it.Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

TT Addict

4,806 posts

Posted February 11, 2008 - 02:24 PM

its a WR fender that i removed and painted myself. it was a pain and prob wont last that long until i dump the bike lol but i like it.Posted Image

Looks good, I often wonder how well that plastic paint holds up...

Hopefully soon a rear fender and head light cowl will be available to us in white :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods by chelder

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  34 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.