Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4429 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

TT Titanium Member

2,218 posts

Posted January 29, 2008 - 04:57 PM

I bought my WR a new stable buddy...

Posted Image

I bought it for my wife so she can putt around the trails, but it's really for me when the snow flies and I need a fix :busted:...SC

• Alternative

TT Bronze Member

259 posts

Posted January 29, 2008 - 11:39 PM

Gave it a face lift :busted:. New Factory Effex Evo 5 graphics and black plastics.
Posted Image

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted January 30, 2008 - 04:44 AM

A bit of a chore to remove the skid plate and 3 drain bolts, but worth it I guess

What brand skid plate do you have? Mine has a hole so the oil can be changed with the plate in place. :busted:

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted January 30, 2008 - 07:25 AM

Done the muffler mod removed baffles and replaced tail pipe now it roars just can't ride it now tooooo much snow

• 2lcf

TT Bronze Member

109 posts

Posted January 30, 2008 - 08:53 AM

I ordered my White Brothers exhaust today, will be here in a week.....need to ride......now the rain has stopped, we will be out this weekend......!!:busted: :worthy:

• chevytrkn1

TT Bronze Member

225 posts

Posted February 02, 2008 - 04:10 PM

been searching for new exhaust, got seal savers ready to install

• Thumper_426

TT Bronze Member

123 posts

Posted February 02, 2008 - 08:54 PM

Sat on it in the garage and made a bunch of noise. My 4 year old kept telling me to slow down.
:busted:

• Evad101

TT Member

25 posts

Posted February 02, 2008 - 09:55 PM

Installed the YEC 5mm Bar riser kit that I modified to be a 35mm rise (I need it, I'm tall, 6'6")
Installed Cycra Pro Bend Triple Clamp bark busters
Installed the Yamaha Tach/hour meter

I love working on bikes in the garage :busted:

• brad the best

TT Gold Member

1,083 posts

Posted February 03, 2008 - 12:29 AM

changed engine oil and filter , disassembled and cleaned the forks , changed brake fluid . now i just have to put in my 26$ coolant and decide if im going to do the back shock or take it in , i have nitrogen equipment for filling hydraulic accumulators but i have herd its hard to change the oil with out getting any air in the shock . i will probably just take it in .

• bluejuice

TT Newbie

4 posts

Posted February 03, 2008 - 10:18 PM

put a baja designs kit on it over the weekend. Just need the mirrors now.

• Greybeard249

TT Member

27 posts

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:46 AM

What brand skid plate do you have? Mine has a hole so the oil can be changed with the plate in place. :busted:

The stock plastic skid plate.

• Greybeard249

TT Member

27 posts

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:48 AM

Gave it a face lift :busted:. New Factory Effex Evo 5 graphics and black plastics.
Posted Image

Very nice. :worthy: Makes me want to get a second 450 and plate it! :ride:

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted February 05, 2008 - 12:10 PM

I bought my WR a new stable buddy...

Posted Image

I bought it for my wife so she can putt around the trails, but it's really for me when the snow flies and I need a fix :busted:...SC

So how do you, I mean she like it??

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted February 07, 2008 - 11:28 PM

well i took my stock baffle and did this to it...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

also took off the snorkel...
Posted Image

• matt4x4

TT Addict

3,167 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:29 AM

finished repainting the frame, checked valve clearances, changed oil, filter, replaced linkage bearings, replaced shock bearings, cleaned up rear wheel and regreased the bearings as well as all other remaining bearings, refinished swingarm and added new graphics, cleaned carb, added White Brothers fuel screw, got white brothers E exhaust, added blue fuel lines off carb, replaced rear fender with YZ fender, built my own low profile LED tail light (mounted under fender). Added Moose racing rear fender bag but in a quick disconnect fashion with clevis pins instead of bolts.
Gotta assemble it all this weekend and start on the front half...

• Eddie5150

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:05 PM

I finally bought one. I sold my DRZ400 last spring due to unforeseen medical bills (stupid healthcare). I finally bought another bike and decided to go with an '06 that was bought new in 2007 with 350 miles. Saweet action! I've been scavenging all of the threads on the WR. If any has any other info (probably not because it is already here - somewhere) for a newbie WR owner, feel free to let me know.

eddie

• 2lcf

TT Bronze Member

109 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 04:59 PM

Last night after a day of riding a XL650....I know it's a Honda, but it's for work and pays WELL..........I put my new White Brothers exhaust on and fired it up.......going riding tomorrow AM to see how it is with the jet kit, grey wire removal, snorkel removal, AIS removal and new exhaust.......should be a blast................

• Kirkster

TT Bronze Member

162 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 06:32 PM

I blame Kalifornia for having to spend hours working on my carb doing the rejet as well as the YZ stop screw mod.

Talk about a pain in the rear, just getting to the carb is a pain. I got the needle and jet installed, and the cut down throttle stop installed. Just the o-ring mod left to do then I can put it all back together.

• dachrist

TT Newbie

11 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 07:06 PM

finished repainting the frame, checked valve clearances, changed oil, filter, replaced linkage bearings, replaced shock bearings, cleaned up rear wheel and regreased the bearings as well as all other remaining bearings, refinished swingarm and added new graphics, cleaned carb, added White Brothers fuel screw, got white brothers E exhaust, added blue fuel lines off carb, replaced rear fender with YZ fender, built my own low profile LED tail light (mounted under fender). Added Moose racing rear fender bag but in a quick disconnect fashion with clevis pins instead of bolts.
Gotta assemble it all this weekend and start on the front half...

Matt, I noticed that you posted pics of your painted frame back in January. In those pics it looked as though you had left your engine in the frame and masked around it. Is that true? Did you have to re-mask before you painted the front frame? I ask because it seems as though a long time has passed between when you posted that pic and today, when you say you finished painting the frame. How long is it supposed to dry before you can re-assemble?

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted February 08, 2008 - 07:45 PM

Put about 15 miles on it and rode it like I stole it. :busted:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods by chelder

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  34 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.