* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4430 replies to this topic
  • td42ti

TT Member

61 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 03:44 PM

What did I do to my WR today? I bought it!
Have been on an XR4 for years and was undecided on an upgrade. The XR needed some serious suspension work to get it right and I knew that it would never be great even with lots of $$$, then an 06 wr450f with 5000kms, in really good condition came up and I picked it up for a good price, so now I will pump some $$$ into it and get it perfect. Will be sad to see the XR go but it had reached the end for me handling wise. I don't need the extra power of the WR but I certainly won't compain!
I will post a pic once I figure out how!

• td42ti

TT Member

61 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 04:46 PM

What did I do to my WR today? I bought it!
Have been on an XR4 for years and was undecided on an upgrade. The XR needed some serious suspension work to get it right and I knew that it would never be great even with lots of $$$, then an 06 wr450f with 5000kms, in really good condition came up and I picked it up for a good price, so now I will pump some $$$ into it and get it perfect. Will be sad to see the XR go but it had reached the end for me handling wise. I don't need the extra power of the WR but I certainly won't compain!
I will post a pic once I figure out how!

Posted Image

• travertt

TT Bronze Member

428 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Excellent decision!!

Get some bark busters and a skid plate and head for the hills...you're gonna have fun.

• Stealth13

TT Silver Member

557 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Excellent decision!!

Get some bark busters and a skid plate and head for the hills...you're gonna have fun.

What did I do to my wr? Broke off the bark buster ... And then zip tied it back on

• 123BigcoopDawg576

TT Titanium Member

2,664 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Last weekend did a 419 mile dual sport ride from Ramona to Blythe and back!

• td42ti

TT Member

61 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 12:17 AM

I picked it up!
Few things tobe fitted and need to get rego sorted, weather at the moment is not conducive to riding anyway!

• Snarfie

TT Bronze Member

166 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:48 AM

Did an oil change, replaced the air filter with a clean, oiled one, slipped on a new rear tire, adjusted the chain and gave the bike a good detailing.. It's ready for our quarterly man-trip to GA for a week. Gonna be fun!

• YZ450Hombre

TT Bronze Member

184 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:54 PM

New bearings - rear wheel, swingarm, linkage, upper and lower shock and threw in some rear brake pads. I need to get this baby out for a ride!

• dhi002

TT Newbie

17 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 08:47 AM

Put new black rims, tires, starter motor, new sprockets, chain and new battery. Having difficulty posting a pic of my bike. Any recommendations is much appreciated.

Edited by dhi002, March 16, 2012 - 08:48 AM.

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Put new black rims, tires, starter motor, new sprockets, chain and new battery. Having difficulty posting a pic of my bike. Any recommendations is much appreciated.

Open a free accout on photobucket. Upload the pictures there and post the "IMG" link here ;-)

• gimple393

TT Member

29 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:00 PM

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]I bought this 06 WR 450 brand new in 07 and have had nothing but fun on it. over the years I did nothing but the occasional oil and filter change and gas it up and go. If course I put tires on it as needed and cleaned the air filter as well as the basic maintenance. I did do most of the free mods and had an extra wheel with a paddle tire for the dunes . a couple years ago I did a little enduro racing with it and put on a Dr D pipe. Other then that it had been stock, all but the pipe. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]At the end of last year I started to have starting issues with the electrical system and thought it was time to either give her an overhaul or get a new bike. A month ago I stripped the bike down to motor and frame. Had the frame powder coated and had the motor checked out for tolerances and specs. I ended up going with a new clutch pack and a tune up. I put new spokes on front and back as wheel as new wheel bearings. Also new Bridgestone’s all the way around. Turns out the yoke on my starter had loosened over the years. It had turned abit making the points not line up. A new battery and the starter alignment did the trick. Next had the front and rear shocks rebuilt by raceteck. Then went on new Bark busters and a new graphics kit( to cover all the gouges and scratches). New sprockets and chain where next. Had a new gripper seat put on and this is he turn out. The only thing left is a 3.5 gallon tank I ordered from acerbis. (for a 500 mile trip I’m working on ) Posted Image [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Posted Image[/size][/font][/color]

• GlennR

TT Bronze Member

487 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 06:09 PM

I just bought a plated 08' a couple of days ago and got my tag for it today. Rode it a little, mostly felt great, but sputtered a few times like it was running out of gas. Stopped for gas, but it only held 1/2 a gallon. Seemed to clear up as I rode more. I picked up a new sparkplug & figure I'll change it & the oil and check the valve clearance over the weekend. Sure hope that they are within specs because I don't have any shims & there's not a dealer nearby.

This is one badass bike. Coming off a stock DRZ400S. Sunday I'll be testing my buddy's 2011 Husaberg 570 & we'll be riding them all next week up here, in the NC mtns.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• dhi002

TT Newbie

17 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks byggd. Heres my 07 wr450f.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Love the black wheels

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Took mine out on my first ride of the year. Went with a group to Moab and road the Dead Cow Tube Loop clockwise this time and also did the Green River Loop. Great ride and the weather was beautiful. I love living within 3 1/2 hours from Moab. This next weekend I am taking the Jeep down

• kawi380

TT Gold Member

1,093 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 19, 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks byggd. Heres my 07 wr450f.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The rear tire on that thing looks huge :thumbsup: What size is that thing?

• still2smokin
3,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:04 AM

getting closer...... I did to much to list, but so stoked.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• The Hopper Show

TT Silver Member

760 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

• n16ht5

TT Addict

3,344 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 03:12 PM

Are you going to put up a video or are you just going to tease us with the jetting kit pics?

• The Hopper Show

TT Silver Member

760 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:00 PM

what would you like a video of?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods by chelder

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

• Hot  28 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.