* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4430 replies to this topic
  • zlathim

This new stuff was all my idea.

735 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 11:31 AM

I just took the decompression lever and cable off my 2002 WR426 as I installed the Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto-decompression. What year and model is your bike? You can have my parts if they fit.

Thanks man, that is a great offer! My bike is a 2001 WR 426, so I'm sure your decomp will work. I need just the lever itself and the rubber cover piece. The perch and cable are fine. I will of course pay for the shipping, if the offer still stands. PM forthcoming.

• YogiPerogi

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 08:17 AM

Installed a thumb brake. Works great for some of the really hairy downhill sections when your foot hits roots etc.. and gets swiped off the peg (and therefore away from the brake peddle).
Rekluse splitter so I can still use the peddle.
Custom brake line (I made it with screw on type banjos).
Mounted the reservior directly to my bark buster.

Did a really techincal trail last night and it worked great along with my lights which are super cool too (Tri-Newt wireless). One on the bars and one on the helmet run by the same wireless remote you can see on the bars in the pix too.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Also really happy to have the MooseRacing tow strap as I've needed towing in the past. Comes with a cool pouch which you can strap to the bike (I have mine on the upper fork).
Posted Image

• W R
5,298 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 21, 2011 - 12:30 PM

That is freeking awesome! This is the first one I have ever seen. Thanks for the pic's on how it is installed.

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 01:49 PM

Put the head back on for a friend. He had to send it off to get the cam journals reworked. While we had it apart, we dropped an 06 YZ450F exhaust cam in it. He loves it now.

The only problem is now it drips anti-freeze out of the hole on the underneath side of the water pump. Any ideas to fix this?

• zlathim

This new stuff was all my idea.

735 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 04:32 PM

Steve- Thanks a million! I received the Decomp lever, perch and rubber shield in the mail today. It was very cool of you to gift them to me. Heck, you even payed for the shipping!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's what the dragged one looked like:

Posted Image

Here's the new lever, perch, and rubber installed:

Posted Image

Man, I really need to work on my picture taking...

Thanks again Steve, you are a real class act. I will pay it forward the next opportunity I get.:ride:

• 96sp00wr

TT Member

45 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 01:53 PM

I did the new WR headlight on my '00 WR400 trick. Did the forks, valves and other goodies just in time for the wet season...

Posted Image

Edited by 96sp00wr, October 22, 2011 - 09:55 PM.

• jcbikes

TT Bronze Member

191 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 02:26 PM

How much and does it bolt right up? Really makes the bike look good. Might want to do it to my 2002 WR426.

• 96sp00wr

TT Member

45 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 04:09 PM

How much and does it bolt right up? Really makes the bike look good. Might want to do it to my 2002 WR426.

I used this Thread as inspiration and I ordered it all from TT was about $230

http://www.thumperta...p/t-938126.html

• 02WR426Cali

TT Platinum Member

1,753 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 08:27 PM

I got my bike all back together and running again after sitting apart for months being neglected. I had let my friend borrow my forks to try them out because I revlaved them with motopro valves. He had them since June and I got them back a few weeks ago. I replaced the seals and oil and got the front end back together.
I also have had issues since I did my top end and put in the hotcams ex cam a while back. So I finally said heck with it and put in the stock ex cam to see if it was the cam causing the problems. So far it feels a little better on the stand but I will see tomorrow when I ride it. I also fully rebuilt my carb recently and put that back on. I'm still trying to get optimal tuning out of it....work in progress.
I've done so many things to my bike and most went great and added performance. Then I thought I was being smart and "freshened up" the top end with a new piston. My bke ran great and I should have left it alone because it hasn't run the same since I did the top end. No matter what I check a thousand times or test or replace, it simply doesn't run the same. Not that it runs bad, it pulls like a bat out of hell. It's just not the same broad powerband and it has a vibration felt mostly in the pegs and seat that I just can't pinpoint where it comes from.

Wish me luck!.....

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 02:48 AM

I did the new WR headlight on my '00 WR400 trick. Did the forks, valves and other goodies just in time for the wet season...

Posted Image

what skid plate is that? i've got those same rad braces and it looks good together!

• 1talbotj

TT Bronze Member

325 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 23, 2011 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

wow, our bikes are almost identical...i bought that carbon fiber kit for $100, i plan on doing a carbon fiber look on the black side plates this winter...and maybe powder coating the frame black...

your wr looks good for a 00...

• 96sp00wr

TT Member

45 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:19 PM

what skid plate is that? i've got those same rad braces and it looks good together!

Both skid plate and Rad Guards are Devol.

• 02WR426Cali

TT Platinum Member

1,753 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 08:01 PM

Lets see what did I do to my WR today?.....
Oh yeah I RODE it!! It ran good for the first time in a while.....thankfully because it's been a long time since I had it run right. I took out the Hotcam ex cam and went back to stock. Bingo!! That was the main problem I had. It never ran right with that cam in there. Yes it was installed correctly. It must have been a defective cam or the sprocket may have spun slightly or something I don't know.
All I know is that I am happy to have my WR running well again.

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:16 AM

Lets see what did I do to my WR today?.....
Oh yeah I RODE it!! It ran good for the first time in a while.....thankfully because it's been a long time since I had it run right. I took out the Hotcam ex cam and went back to stock. Bingo!! That was the main problem I had. It never ran right with that cam in there. Yes it was installed correctly. It must have been a defective cam or the sprocket may have spun slightly or something I don't know.
All I know is that I am happy to have my WR running well again.

Look for a 2006 YZ450F exhaust cam to put in it. You will love it. I did mine a year ago and a couple of weeks ago a friend rode it and wouldnt shut up till he found one for him. They can be had on eBay or TT for $50-$100. Love the power realignment.

• Andrewzzz

TT Newbie

2 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 01:19 PM

I fixed indicator and hooked up indicator lights to vapor dashboard. :thumbsup: lubed the chain and pumped the tires lol

• elcubeo

TT Member

89 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 07:13 AM

Yeah I am going to finally send her off to a new home......provided the person that bids on it is REAL. Man I hate CL scammers.

Anyway, not twisting anyone's arm, but if you want a 508cc monster that twists arms.....have a look!

My 2006 WR508f on ebay

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted October 26, 2011 - 04:29 PM

Yeah I am going to finally send her off to a new home......provided the person that bids on it is REAL. Man I hate CL scammers.

Anyway, not twisting anyone's arm, but if you want a 508cc monster that twists arms.....have a look!

My 2006 WR508f on ebay

only at $810??? hope it goes for more than that unless i can scrounge up $850.... :thumbsup:

• W R
5,298 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 26, 2011 - 05:32 PM

I would be all over it if you lived a little closer to me. Quite a long drive to pick up a bike.

• Bazzaboy7

TT Member

65 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 01:58 AM

I ordered a flywheel from MotoRecycler in the US and it's on it's way to me in the UK.
The last part of the jigsaw ............ then hopefully it will run and I can get out and have some fun !!!!!! Lovely looking 2000 model 1talbotj - I'm jealous !!

• DesertRat74

TT Newbie

15 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 08:28 AM

New RaceTech springs and a gold valve assembly.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.