* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4430 replies to this topic
  • ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 07:20 PM

To pay off our street bikes (so we can sell them too), I sold it today. Not happy. Pretty damned upset. I'm going to slowly save for another. Maybe a 2012.

I took her for one last 25 mile ride today, and found more trails to explore. Now I have no pony to ride. I even sold my mountain bike.

I can't get a single bite on my street bike even though it's priced fair. My wife's Ninja sold itself basically. Found a buyer flexible enough to wait for the title after we submitted pay-off.

Last rides on the jet skiis this week before they get stowed for the winter.

boo on the bikeless part.

:smashpc: on saving for a 2012. GL

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 10:04 PM

i did this... :thumbsup: :smashpc:
http://www.thumperta...73#post10683973

• loco4x4

TT Bronze Member

490 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 02:34 PM

Installed the Dubach Racing remote hot start. Don't have a ride on it yet. Have one ride on the newly installed Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto decompression. That is nice, no decomp lever to fool with but I sometimes have to give it more kicks than I used to.

• Krannie McKranface
36,190 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 25, 2011 - 08:28 PM

....stared at my forkless, spotless, new plastics 450 and sighed.................

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 07:11 AM

I would like some info about that trail looks fun.

http://i1088.photobu...2/ParisRide.jpg

PM me your email address and I can sent it to you as well. We are going to hit it again before the snow flies if you want to join.

Edited by rholbrook, September 27, 2011 - 01:47 PM.

• magiksc

TT Silver Member

647 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:24 AM

WR 250 X taking the high road home from Black Bear Pass in Colorado... Slicks and snow are rough.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 12:17 PM

Installed the Dubach Racing remote hot start. Don't have a ride on it yet. Have one ride on the newly installed Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto decompression. That is nice, no decomp lever to fool with but I sometimes have to give it more kicks than I used to.

Make sure to find top dead center, then let the kick-starter come all the way back up and give it a full kick. My son tries to start my bike with short quick kicks like he does on his 250. I just look and him and shake my head cuz he wont listen. :smashpc:

• loco4x4

TT Bronze Member

490 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 01:20 PM

Make sure to find top dead center, then let the kick-starter come all the way back up and give it a full kick. My son tries to start my bike with short quick kicks like he does on his 250. I just look and him and shake my head cuz he wont listen. :smashpc:

I try..... Sometimes once it gets over TDC it runs a bit but I bring the kick lever back up to the top. It'll just take a bit to get used to it. It sure is a lot better than it shutting off to an abrupt stop and then I would whack the jewels on the tank!

• DesertRat74

TT Newbie

15 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 05:54 AM

Broke down and ordered RaceTech springs, a Type 1 Gold valve assembly, and fork covers. It also comes with some stickers and a list of Utah divorce attorneys. My wife is going to kill me.

So now, my WR may behave a little more like a YZ in the desert.

• Krannie McKranface
36,190 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 29, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Rode with the Pro-Action fork valve and shim upgrade.

SAAAAHWWEET!

Edited by Krannie, September 29, 2011 - 03:58 PM.

• Krannie McKranface
36,190 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 29, 2011 - 04:00 PM

Had my racer neighbor ride the WR with the Pro Action fork work, to see if there was any 'placebo' effect.

He loved it.

He had ridden '03 WR that had the SP work done twice, and my other '07 that had the SP work done. He didn't like the SP results either.

So, I'm diggin these results, and have ordered the rear parts to do the rear shock treatment....:smashpc:

• the_smoo

TT Bronze Member

227 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 03:52 PM

put mine on the truck today to make its long journey home to Australia from Virginia...:smashpc:

• four_button_arnie

TT Newbie

15 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 11:12 PM

Fully pulled apart/cleaned/regreased the swingarm linkages

Cleaned/serviced clutch lever and line.

Oh and readjusted the barkbusters after hitting the deck pretty hard last week (im not limping any more! YAY!:thumbsup:)

• ARyder

TT Bronze Member

113 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 06:30 PM

I sold my 06 WR. I will miss her but at the same time I'm looking forward to moving to the two stroke side. Trying to stay with Yamaha but a CR has my eye.

• Krannie McKranface
36,190 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 14, 2011 - 07:55 PM

Found a broken carb boot strap had let dirt in my motor for about 5 hours or rinding. Damn..........

• zlathim

This new stuff was all my idea.

735 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 06:39 PM

:foul:Dropped my bike off the side of the trailer and drug it for about 50 feet. I was pulling into a gas station and heard a strange grinding noise, looked behind me to see the bike half on and half off the trailer, dragging the right side of the handlebar along on the pavement.:thumbsup:

• Sknight

TT Bronze Member

151 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 08:01 PM

:foul:Dropped my bike off the side of the trailer and drug it for about 50 feet. I was pulling into a gas station and heard a strange grinding noise, looked behind me to see the bike half on and half off the trailer, dragging the right side of the handlebar along on the pavement.:thumbsup:

Sonofa!!! Talk about one of my big fears, I've been hauling stuff for years but for some reason my bikes (Street or dirt) worry me when they're on a trailer. Other than adjusting the length of your bars any other considerable damage?

• zlathim

This new stuff was all my idea.

735 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 09:23 AM

Sonofa!!! Talk about one of my big fears, I've been hauling stuff for years but for some reason my bikes (Street or dirt) worry me when they're on a trailer. Other than adjusting the length of your bars any other considerable damage?

Not really. Aside from a shredded grip, the only real casualty is the decompression lever. The bars actually seem ok, although they got a pretty good grinding on the very end. I don't know why I said the right side before, because it fell over on the left side. The clutch lever got a little scratched up, but it is still ok.

• Snarfie

TT Bronze Member

166 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 04:51 PM

Took my 09 450 racing today, came away with first in class, and the overall, too. I had a good day :thumbsup:

• loco4x4

TT Bronze Member

490 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 03:10 PM

Not really. Aside from a shredded grip, the only real casualty is the decompression lever. The bars actually seem ok, although they got a pretty good grinding on the very end. I don't know why I said the right side before, because it fell over on the left side. The clutch lever got a little scratched up, but it is still ok.

I just took the decompression lever and cable off my 2002 WR426 as I installed the Hot Cams exhaust cam with auto-decompression. What year and model is your bike? You can have my parts if they fit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 headlight by donkeyballz

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

Kickstarter Noise by JohnClaude

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

• Hot  28 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.