* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4429 replies to this topic
  • tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 06:35 PM

In Yellowknife, and yea. insurance is the big thing. Street legal or offroad legal is still allowed on the roads in NWT. love it.

Spent the summer when I was 18 working in Fort Rae. Yellowknife was the weekend mission for partying :)

• davidl9999

TT Addict

3,907 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Rode it!

• BAHeron

TT Member

68 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 09:24 AM

Got it ready for 1000 miles in the UP. UPAT

• ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 11:52 AM

Spent the summer when I was 18 working in Fort Rae. Yellowknife was the weekend mission for partying :)

How many year ago (ish) might that have been tribal? I don't mean to show you long in tooth, just curious. it's changed a lot is some ways... not much in others. Gold Range and Raven and Harleys are all still alive and well, as is the Monkey tree.

• tribalbc

TT Addict

4,971 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 04:23 PM

How many year ago (ish) might that have been tribal? I don't mean to show you long in tooth, just curious. it's changed a lot is some ways... not much in others. Gold Range and Raven and Harleys are all still alive and well, as is the Monkey tree.

Mid 80's.

Man I'm old :)

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 04:36 PM

washed it and rode it for probably the last time... now to see what happens in the morning, if it's sold Project 99 is underway!

PS: damn that 07 still scares me...lol

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 02:29 AM

waved as it rode away in the bed of someone elses truck... :) now to see about fixing up the 99... only got about $500 to work with so i don't think i can get close to the way i pictured it for now:thumbsdn:

• gavin198

TT Bronze Member

310 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 03:47 AM

i kicked mine twice then walked away before i broke it more

• ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 10:49 AM

waved as it rode away in the bed of someone elses truck... :) now to see about fixing up the 99... only got about $500 to work with so i don't think i can get close to the way i pictured it for now:thumbsdn:

A little at a time, man. A little at a time. I just tinker with anywhere between 50 and 200 dollars a month. 1, 2, or 3 parts at a time. Good thing is that when you're all done, you're able to pinpoint anything that might be giving you issues... as opposed to not knowing which of the 1500 dollars worth of parts and 2 weeks of off and on wrench love isn't quite panning out. Be patient. Mine's been well worth it so far.

• redswr

TT Addict

3,473 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:38 PM

A little at a time, man. A little at a time. I just tinker with anywhere between 50 and 200 dollars a month. 1, 2, or 3 parts at a time. Good thing is that when you're all done, you're able to pinpoint anything that might be giving you issues... as opposed to not knowing which of the 1500 dollars worth of parts and 2 weeks of off and on wrench love isn't quite panning out. Be patient. Mine's been well worth it so far.

yeah i've already ordered the visable parts bad on it (fork seals, dust seals and bushings) clutch and throttle cables, throttle tube, grips and levers. i'm still contemplating powder coat since the frames rusty but if i go black i want black wheels and then i'd have to buy new spokes and get them laced whick is gonna be way to much for me right now.

• ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 07:33 PM

Added SEAFOAM to the gas and oil. Went for a 2 hour rock-n-rut ride. check it out.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

:):ride::)

Going to take it for another quick spin tomorrow then change the oil.

• johndeerekid

TT Member

41 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 11:07 PM

haha forgot to post this last weekend but i had a pretty good spill thanks to my buddy cutting me off and stopping.

enjoy:p -Wes

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:08 PM

Changed the oil and filters, cleaned the air filter lubed the chain and cleaned it in preparation of our 70 mile loop by Bear Lake in Northern Utah and South East Idaho. Stops along the way will be the Pat's Hollow Transport plane crash where 37 troops were killed when the plane crashed during the Korean War. We will also stop at the Paris Ice Caves and Minnetonka Caves.

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Rode for three hours. Bottomed the forks three times (nose landings). Arms are like concrete. Cleaned the bike and pulled the forks off immediatly. Don't know where they are going yet, but they are going out for a massage.

• ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:19 PM

Changed the oil and filters, cleaned the air filter lubed the chain and cleaned it in preparation of our 70 mile loop by Bear Lake in Northern Utah and South East Idaho. Stops along the way will be the Pat's Hollow Transport plane crash where 37 troops were killed when the plane crashed during the Korean War. We will also stop at the Paris Ice Caves and Minnetonka Caves.

Be sure to post pics of the ride when you get back. Always nice to see what other people ride, and where.

• Derwud

TT Silver Member

573 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:13 PM

Rode for three hours. Bottomed the forks three times (nose landings). Arms are like concrete. Cleaned the bike and pulled the forks off immediatly. Don't know where they are going yet, but they are going out for a massage.

What the hell.. That sucks.. Didn't you just get them done??

I installed an HID kit into my stock headlight. Much better than stock..

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:35 PM

What the hell.. That sucks.. Didn't you just get them done??

I installed an HID kit into my stock headlight. Much better than stock..

Sort of. Just had AS Racing smooth out the transition. It's still way off.

I'm a big guy, and I was riding in really old terrain, with lots of surprises and dirt that's all the same color, so you can't even see the drop-aways until you are on top of them......one section goes down hill steeply for about 6 miles, has 10 or 12 rainwater divert-er 'jumps', and some with whoops on the back side of them. Makes for interesting body english.....

Here's a typical trail I ride, but going uphill. Different bike. You can tell how the bars go up in your face, that it gets rough....

http://www.youtube.c.../19/FYaREG3itvE

Edited by Krannie, September 05, 2011 - 08:08 PM.

• Snarfie

TT Bronze Member

166 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 07:29 AM

Well, I brought mine home!

I picked up a leftover 09 450 brand new, for a give-away price, and I even got the dealership to street title it from the get-go. I've never had a brand-new dirt bike before. its nice not having to fight with mangled nuts and bolts all over the place, haha!

I brought her home, then promptly stripped her down. I did all the uncorking/free mods, and ordered up some Devol radiator frames, a Flatland skidplate, some beefy Cycra CRM's and an Applied AIS delete kit.

I've got the bike all ripped apart now, regreasing everything Yamaha should have. its crazy how dry all the main bearings and bushings were!

I don't even have 1 mile on the bike yet.. I wanted to get all the EPA crap off the bike, so it would run right, straight from day one.

• ArcticWR400

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 08:25 PM

Sort of. Just had AS Racing smooth out the transition. It's still way off.

I'm a big guy, and I was riding in really old terrain, with lots of surprises and dirt that's all the same color, so you can't even see the drop-aways until you are on top of them......one section goes down hill steeply for about 6 miles, has 10 or 12 rainwater divert-er 'jumps', and some with whoops on the back side of them. Makes for interesting body english.....

Here's a typical trail I ride, but going uphill. Different bike. You can tell how the bars go up in your face, that it gets rough....

http://www.youtube.c.../19/FYaREG3itvE

Where is your camera mounted? Either you're short, or its a lens thing because it looks like you almost hiding behind the trail computer :)

• Krannie McKranface
36,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 06, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Where is your camera mounted? Either you're short, or its a lens thing because it looks like you almost hiding behind the trail computer :)

http://www.zumiez.co...6473_a_7cGCHM30

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.