* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4430 replies to this topic
  • johnfl

TT Newbie

5 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 06:17 PM

just finished my fork revalve.. took it for a short flat ride (felt good)...loaded it on the trailer for some testing tomorrow... thanks to Dave J he was a big help.. took a little time for the parts to get here but not too bad.. didnt always get to talk to him but i left a message and he always called back within a day.. and when i did talk to him he was always ready to answer my question..Posted Image

• willy_fitz

TT Bronze Member

176 posts

Posted February 14, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Had the local shop change fork oil & shock oil.

• Thommo_400f

TT Silver Member

546 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted February 15, 2011 - 02:28 AM

My WR400 is almost ready for rego.
Did:
Lights
Blinkers
Mirrors
Chain guard
Ordered a Trail Tech speedo.
Rego next week ;0)

• Icelandic_amateur

TT Member

43 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted February 20, 2011 - 11:01 AM

I drowned my WR 450 2005 in a river 2 years ago. - Found it back a little further down the river. - All went fine except the speedometer got killed.
As I see some people are buying new speedometers, I would like to ask if anyone would like to sell me the original one. - Note this is a 2005, and street legal.

• the_smoo

TT Bronze Member

227 posts

Posted February 20, 2011 - 12:25 PM

rode it for the first time in ages... dropped it 3 times.. I am sore today.. may be in traction tomorrow! but I loved it!

• shelbyguy

TT Member

77 posts

Posted February 21, 2011 - 05:48 PM

went from this-
Posted Image
to these....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
for what its worth-
sent the crank out to mr crankshft without a doubt great, absolutely fantastic service from ship date to return. vince called me apon the cranks arrival and kept me posted through the process....189.00 back to my door is really fair in all considering.

vince if you get a chance to read this, thanks again.

• RichGuy

TT Member

54 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:28 PM

New FX EVO-8 decals for my 07 WR450. FX as always is the best in fit and quality. Mounted on white Acerbis shrouds.

• RichGuy

TT Member

54 posts

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

• Thommo_400f

TT Silver Member

546 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted February 22, 2011 - 08:50 PM

Took my trusty old WR400 in for Blue Slip ready for Rego.

Left it with them for 2 hours.

I came back and they sheepishly asked me how to start my bike.

6 guys from the service dept (car yard) couldn't start it :rant:

So...I hopped on, pulled the choke, and kicked her ONCE and Vroooom :smirk:

Must say I almost laughed out loud.

Bit stupid how a car yard does the safety check for a bike when they really know nothing about them.

• 802wrRider

TT Member

92 posts

Posted February 23, 2011 - 06:23 AM

i guess i could say what didnt i do! unfortunately im to new to the sport to know/be able to do my own motor work but had a top end done w/ je high comp piston, valves, timing chain. ufo plastics w/ yz rear fender and number plate. dunlop mx51's. T.M. design rear chain guide, msr front. and sent the suspension to a local suspension guy to have the "big guy" valving done. did springs last year and it wasnt enough. also did linkage and swing arm bearings. they had never been done and man i dont even know how they were moving. cant wait to see how different it is. next to come, some graphics to cover up the color differences rear rotor and new battery. whew. :smirk:

• shelbyguy

TT Member

77 posts

Posted February 24, 2011 - 10:55 PM

i guess i could say what didnt i do! unfortunately im to new to the sport to know/be able to do my own motor work but had a top end done w/ je high comp piston, valves, timing chain. ufo plastics w/ yz rear fender and number plate. dunlop mx51's. T.M. design rear chain guide, msr front. and sent the suspension to a local suspension guy to have the "big guy" valving done. did springs last year and it wasnt enough. also did linkage and swing arm bearings. they had never been done and man i dont even know how they were moving. cant wait to see how different it is. next to come, some graphics to cover up the color differences rear rotor and new battery. whew. :smirk:

just jump in?

its not your daily rider so take your time, learn the ride.

learn the bike.

• ARin

TT Silver Member

864 posts

Posted February 25, 2011 - 11:22 AM

I didnt do it TODAY...but ive been doing it for the last 2 months or so. more or less complete rebuild and transformation into a baja weapon. I leave tomorrow morning for baja. :smirk:

Safari trail tank, trailtech 35 W HID racelight, Smart Performance suspension rebuild

Posted Image

Posted Image

• medicman

TT Bronze Member

175 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:29 AM

Dude that light is so sick!! Do you have to do anything to the bike in order to run that light?

• bikeslut

TT Silver Member

739 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

that's my bike on a buddies bench... :thumbsup:

• danfromnb

TT Bronze Member

151 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 04, 2011 - 07:16 PM

I installed a set of Devol rad guards that I got off of fleabay on the cheap. Put in a new plug while I had the tank off. I also received my freshly serviced forks, new wheel bearings and seals, swing arm bearing kit, chain slide and brake pads.

I have a One Industries decal / seat cover set on the way... Hard to find for an 04. :thumbsup: I bought the bike used last summer, the decals that came on it are custom decals with the dealer's name, etc on them. They aren't too bad looking but they are starting to peel at the edges.

• rhysieboyy

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 07:22 PM

last night stripped the bike down abit more,snapped a bolt in the front brake reservoir bar clamp,:thumbsup::smirk: removed everything else on handle bars,hid all the wiring behind the new yz front race plate.
then today fitted my new fmf powerbomb header,waiting on bearings for the linkages so cant do them just yet or fit my fmf powercore4 muffler,put fatbars,one industries fatbar pad and zorst plug on layby.
so still waiting on linkage bearings and fatbar adapter clamps and hopefully should have the old girl running again soon.then in a couple months shes gunna get a new piston and rings and a 450f cam put in so i can have auto decomp.

• davidl9999

TT Addict

3,907 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 11:40 PM

Looked longingly at my 450F, then changed the right rear tube on the Outlaw quad and ran the kid's TTR just in case it doesn't get ridden this weekend. :thumbsup:

• MANIAC998
4,953 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted March 05, 2011 - 03:50 PM

Installed my newly designed, front caliper guard. It's welded to the stainless steel "Rooster" front disc guard, and will transfer any impacts directly to the axle. A few weeks back, I smucked a rock at the exact perfect height to destroy my old caliper. Maniac

Attached Thumbnails

• WR450 001.jpg
  • Feb 5th,2011 005.jpg

• SXP

TT Titanium Member

2,000 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 11:11 PM

I didnt do it TODAY...but ive been doing it for the last 2 months or so. more or less complete rebuild and transformation into a baja weapon. I leave tomorrow morning for baja. :thumbsup:

Safari trail tank, trailtech 35 W HID racelight, Smart Performance suspension rebuild

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice! What brand of rear chain guide are you running, and what size sprockets?

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 01:49 PM

I replaced my fork seals last night. I had scratched my inner fork tube on a rock when I crashed and blew my MCL out. I sanded the scratches and then put marine grade JB Weld in the scratches and then sanded them smooth. Hopefully it will hold, if not, time to find some used forks. You can buy two forks for the price of an inner.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Kickstarter Noise by JohnClaude

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

05 wr450 oil leaking from fuel tank mounting hole by gee-tee

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.