What did you do to your WR today?

I put mine up for sale. Ouch. It's a sweet 08 with low hours and tons of extras too. But, time for the oldest to start getting ready for college. Need cash...LOL

How much? PM me because I have a friend looking. Dont know if its worth shipping it though.

i pulled the plug off the top of the spark plug (the one with the two wires on it) pulled the tach wire out of the socket as per the instructions, wound wire around connecter, popped it back into plug, connected back to spark plug... voila! rpm readout.. then just grounded the black wire to the frame.

The temp sensor kind of annoys me because you have to cut into your rad hose to mount it.. waiting to hear back from trail tech..

Nothing too crazy to report here. Saving up to get the suspension completely rebuilt by Pro-motion out of vancouver washington, and slap a new piston in beast as it's surely had a bunch of hours.

I did change the oil (SOOO much easier with the powerbomb header) and I am cleaning the living heck out of my air filter. I'm surprised it got so dirty considering how wet it's been. Almost no dust at all!

Went riding...in the snow. It does not snow in Arkansas very often, and rarely this much. About 7" (still snowing too) on the ground. First time riding in the snow, rode all over town. I can see how having a Supermoto would get me into all kinds of trouble around town.

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

New on here and to supermoto. i had a crf450 since 03 and am now looking at a 03 wr450 due to it being street legal and i live in la. Im getting flamed in the dirt bike section of out offroad site and everyone thinks they are the experts on there so i decide to come to a place where guys have the bike im looking at. so questions are all service based cuz i dont want to be dropping 200+ per month in just service

1. They are saying every 100hrs of street use requires a pistion change and ever 500hrs change the rings

2. What is the recommended oil change duration for sythetics with this being a street bike that i would ride about 35miles to and from work? 200-300miles is what they are saying. the bike is in amazing condition and has extensive mods done to it.

here is the post from the other site

So im in the process of getting a 03 yzf450 that is some how cal legal and registered for another yr, mods list goes on for days slipper clutch, 5 speed instead of 4 cammed, full exhaust, filter, tune, vapor display, starting system has ben updated to the 05+ and is shaved with leds. AMAZING looking bike with low miles ****en FAST. realllllyyyy excited but before i ink the deal im having it looked at by the guy that used to prep my gsxr600. anything i should be looking for? down sides to the bike?

it will be for commuting to and from work 60miles max on the 405 and 22. ill try and get pics up right now gggrrrrr can load the pics from a work computer

heres the email

its an 03 yz450f wr witch is a 5 speed insteed of a four speed

has both supermoto setup and dirt setup 320mm berring front brakes protaper bars triple clamp vapor speedometer engine has cams fmf ti pipe zipty jetkit 1200.00 slipper clutch plus stock clutch has new tank 2.6 gallon instead of 2.0 gallon tank new tank shrouds has white and blue fenders baja designs tail light four rear sprockets two chains two contershaft sprockets two seats susption done by white brothers setup for 200-220 lbs

thank you for your time and info

Maybe for a Honda :rant:

lmao ok..... and i still feel like this ?

i like the fact that its alottt faster that a DRZ but the concern is the top end durability of this bike. am i gonna be dropping vast amounts money into just keepin this thing serviced and running? or is this gonna be a good investment for my intended use. like i said i have had dirt bikes and a gsxr600 so a using a supermoto to commute is foreign

i don't understand why anyone would get a supermoto bike. it's a motocross bike that you can't ride offroad, yet it's so maneuverable on the road that if i had one, i would just be doing wheelies everywhere and getting arrested.

lmao ok..... and i still feel like this ?

i like the fact that its alottt faster that a DRZ but the concern is the top end durability of this bike. am i gonna be dropping vast amounts money into just keepin this thing serviced and running? or is this gonna be a good investment for my intended use. like i said i have had dirt bikes and a gsxr600 so a using a supermoto to commute is foreign

The top end durability is really a non-issue. Do the maintenance, change the oil, don't abuse the bike, you're not likely to have a problem.

Any dirtbike that you use for SM puts WAY more stress on the drivetrain and transmission (vs. off-road use) than ever gets to the top end. However, it does stress the reciprocating parts more than an off-road bike because the rear tire doesn't slip as much and that means that cylinder pressure must increase during acceleration and reciprocating parts must slow down quicker during deceleration - but no more than grabbing a foot full of brake will (for decel). I believe that any increased stress in the reciprocating parts is more of a technicality than something you'd notice as a maintenance cost.

Are you going to dump a bunch of $$ into maintenance? Yes and no.

You will be changing the oil more often because the oil capacity is 1.06 US qt and these bikes just shred oil like it's cheese. However you don't have to use $18/qt oil. A quart of oil on the road every 10 hours is no worse than some older Harleys used to require. So is $6 a week too much to spend for that? use a $50 steel filter so you're not spending an extra $12 per oil change. The payback is very fast on those.

If you're not rapping the engine out, you're not going to wear the top end as fast as racers. If you do wind up having to do a valve job, you can always change over to steel valves and the valve tightening problem pretty much goes away. Many riders get 100's of hours on stock Ti valves. I'm into year 2 on my WR450F and I have yet need to shim a valve. (knock on wood).

Point being that maintenance cost woudn't keep me from SM'ing a bike. Hope this helps.

The top end durability is really a non-issue. Do the maintenance, change the oil, don't abuse the bike, you're not likely to have a problem.

Any dirtbike that you use for SM puts WAY more stress on the drivetrain and transmission (vs. off-road use) than ever gets to the top end. However, it does stress the reciprocating parts more than an off-road bike because the rear tire doesn't slip as much and that means that cylinder pressure must increase during acceleration and reciprocating parts must slow down quicker during deceleration - but no more than grabbing a foot full of brake will (for decel). I believe that any increased stress in the reciprocating parts is more of a technicality than something you'd notice as a maintenance cost.

Are you going to dump a bunch of $$ into maintenance? Yes and no.

You will be changing the oil more often because the oil capacity is 1.06 US qt and these bikes just shred oil like it's cheese. However you don't have to use $18/qt oil. A quart of oil on the road every 10 hours is no worse than some older Harleys used to require. So is $6 a week too much to spend for that? use a $50 steel filter so you're not spending an extra $12 per oil change. The payback is very fast on those.

If you're not rapping the engine out, you're not going to wear the top end as fast as racers. If you do wind up having to do a valve job, you can always change over to steel valves and the valve tightening problem pretty much goes away. Many riders get 100's of hours on stock Ti valves. I'm into year 2 on my WR450F and I have yet need to shim a valve. (knock on wood).

Point being that maintenance cost woudn't keep me from SM'ing a bike. Hope this helps.

? thank you that was the information i was lookin for

Just wondering. Why go with the Powercore over the Q-4? Is sound level not an issue where you ride? ?

You are the second person to ask me that. I didn't really know what the difference between the two was so I went with the less expensive one. I do most of my riding in the desert so no it wont really matter.

You are the second person to ask me that. I didn't really know what the difference between the two was so I went with the less expensive one. I do most of my riding in the desert so no it wont really matter.

And you can get the quiet insert if needed.