* * * * * 7 votes

What did you do to your WR today?

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F

4428 replies to this topic
  • Shred Jesse

TT Silver Member

707 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 03:34 PM

Wow you came out pretty good there bud! No gloves eh?

Looks like the bike is mostly alright as well... minus that whole blown up tranny thing.

• bikeslut

TT Silver Member

739 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Fox Bombers- torn in two places; only broke skin in one

I was fully geared up... damage to boots, knee pads, bionic vest, gloves and pants

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Wow, that could have gone worse in so many ways. I am glad your okay. Bikes can fix

• KGSloan

TT Bronze Member

279 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 07:45 AM

glad you're alright - a testament to proper gear if you only have small amounts of rash and went down at that speed!

• RSAthump

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 12:34 PM

raced her this weekend...

Posted Image

• RSAthump

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

• Alexandros

TT Newbie

14 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 03:24 AM

I want to do a cross country race. Is there any in the MD area? South Africa seems a little far but loads of fun mate!

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 10:21 AM

I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Titanium pipe with the Power Bomb head. I am now wondering if I did the right thing because of the noise. Besides the insert, what else can I do to quiet it down. I have not installed it yet so I may be willing to trade or sell. I wouldn't feel right taking it back since it was a special order in to the shop.

Can I quiet it down or should I just not worry about the noise? How many db is stock and how quiet can I get this pipe. I went with the Power Bomb head because they told me it will be 1.5 db quieter.

• davidl9999

TT Addict

3,907 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 10:41 AM

I bought a FMF Factory 4.1 Titanium pipe with the Power Bomb head. I am now wondering if I did the right thing because of the noise. Besides the insert, what else can I do to quiet it down. I have not installed it yet so I may be willing to trade or sell. I wouldn't feel right taking it back since it was a special order in to the shop.

Can I quiet it down or should I just not worry about the noise? How many db is stock and how quiet can I get this pipe. I went with the Power Bomb head because they told me it will be 1.5 db quieter.

You can try the FMF spark arrestor, but there are some complaints that it's too restrictive, also the FMF quiet core for the 4.1: http://www.motorcycl...ore-Insert.aspx . Are you usng the 94db ring right now? Fwiw, I'm pretty sure the megabomb head pipe is the quieter of the two (in my experience). The Q4 pipe is a little quieter than the 4.1 Ti if that might be something you're interested trading/selling towards. Also, the DRD quiet core insert with DRD's MX exhaust is a popular combo.

BTW... how do you know the pipe is too noisy if you haven't installed it yet? :thumbsup:

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 11:59 AM

BTW... how do you know the pipe is too noisy if you haven't installed it yet? :thumbsup:

I don't know for sure except that a friend has one on his but I know he doesn't have the insert. It will probably be fine.

As far as jetting goes, how far from where I am now would you start?

Main: 165
Pilot: 48
Needle: YZ 3rd

The Startrer, Pilot and Leak jets are all stock.

• davidl9999

TT Addict

3,907 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 01:45 PM

Installing the ring or quiet core significantly lessens the pipe noise. Jetting is usually leaner with a pipe, but it depends on the bike and I'd just see where you're at with the pipe on and go from there. Might want to take this to a new thread at this point.

• rholbrook

TT Bronze Member

138 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 07:37 AM

I am heading to St George, UT riding in 2 weeks and want to get it ready. Its the only place warm enough in UT to ride.

Put a new battery in. I wanted to make sure that it would light with the e-start with a YZF exhaust cam in it. It struggles winding it fast enough but if I put the choke on it fires. Any suggestions. If I kick it, it fires first kick.

• Shred Jesse

TT Silver Member

707 posts

Posted February 04, 2011 - 09:41 AM

Put the battery on a trickle charger for a while perhaps? I know many batteries don't come fully charged from the manufacturer, nor even the retail location.

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 04:00 PM

Got some good weather took it out for ride:ride:

• flynz

TT Member

67 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 04:23 PM

I am heading to St George, UT riding in 2 weeks and want to get it ready. Its the only place warm enough in UT to ride.

Put a new battery in. I wanted to make sure that it would light with the e-start with a YZF exhaust cam in it. It struggles winding it fast enough but if I put the choke on it fires. Any suggestions. If I kick it, it fires first kick.

Thats the nature of the YZ cam. It has something to do with the length of the decompression pin. Thats why you have to get a Hot Cams to use E-button.

• MANIAC998
4,941 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted February 05, 2011 - 04:55 PM

Started working on building a Front Caliper guard, after destroying the mounting plate yesterday by hitting a big rock at Pipestone! I'll post pics after the guard is finished. Maniac

Attached Thumbnails

• Feb 5th,2011 005.jpg

• the_smoo

TT Bronze Member

227 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 02:45 PM

installed a trail tech vapor... everything works accept for the temp sensor :thumbsup:

• 2in2out

TT Bronze Member

352 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 05:12 PM

installed a trail tech vapor... everything works accept for the temp sensor :thumbsup:

Mine hasn't worked since I put it in either. Funny:foul:

• rcmx67

TT Member

87 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 12:17 AM

I put mine up for sale. Ouch. It's a sweet 08 with low hours and tons of extras too. But, time for the oldest to start getting ready for college. Need cash...LOL

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 05:18 AM

That's odd ... mine works perfect. You do know it has to reach 100 b4 you will see a reading ... right?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Forums
Photo

98 WR 400 Project by Justin Steele

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 0 replies
Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2012 wr450 headlight by donkeyballz

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  27 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.