Chain Types

2 replies to this topic
  • Paul_UK

Posted May 31, 2000 - 10:17 AM

What chain types do you guys use or recommend, was thinking of trying H/D instead of 'O'Ring. I use the WR on & off road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 31, 2000 - 12:04 PM

It has been my experience that nothing lasts as long as an o-ring chain. The o-ring does have more drag though. I think most pro motocross guys use non o-ring chains because of this, that & o-ring chains are heavier.

Last year I bought one of those x-ring chains for my street bike. They are claimed to have less drag than o-ring chains. I couldn't really tell much difference.

Roy

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted May 31, 2000 - 04:33 PM

My stock chain has almost 500 miles on it and it seems to still be stretching. I ve adjusted it twice with in spec, and then after awhile it seems to stretch as I hear the chain slap the swing arm under heavy acceleration. Any one notice the same thing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.