post pics of your trial bikes

312 replies to this topic
  • FESTER

Posted April 16, 2008 - 04:55 PM

hey dude nice bike but lose the number plate and put the stock fender on

• Jimmah

Posted April 16, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, but I like it so that's all that matters.

• 1992yz125

Posted April 17, 2008 - 10:09 AM

Nice bike! You should put the fender back where it was though. Or at least the fender mount. It doubles as a brace for the front forks, and because one fork dampens compression and one dampens extention, it keeps them moving evenly. withough teh brace, they will twist side to side.

• PhilthyPhil

Posted April 17, 2008 - 11:21 AM

Well I have a 72 Ossa Mar and an 02 Beta but I'll do pics of my new bike. It's a 1980 SWM TL 320. I just bought it for the second time. First time was brand new in 1980, sold it to a friend when I was out of the country and he did not keep it long. When I got back I could not find it, kinda wanted to get it back. Was in a guys basement for 20 years just 30 mins away. Anyway here it is, someone tried to make a trail bike out of it, but she's still all there. Started second kick. I'll try to do some of me on the bike back in the day as well. I'm glad to have her home....lol Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• carbon

Posted April 17, 2008 - 02:26 PM

wow, cool bike. extra cool action shots. your facial expression in the last one is great..... any chance the sunbeam is for sale???

• Gandalf_WR450

Posted April 17, 2008 - 02:42 PM

wow, cool bike. extra cool action shots. your facial expression in the last one is great..... any chance the sunbeam is for sale???

You noticed that to(the Sunbeam)- I used to have an Alpine and picked up on that. The Alpine sat for 9 months waiting for 1ea knock-off for the wire wheels to arrive from UK.

• Ud_Luz

Posted April 17, 2008 - 02:45 PM

You noticed that to(the Sunbeam)- I used to have an Alpine and picked up on that. The Alpine sat for 9 months waiting for 1ea knock-off for the wire wheels to arrive from UK.

I had a Tiger Mark II. I put almost 200k miles on it and sold it for more than I paid.

• FESTER

Posted April 17, 2008 - 05:57 PM

:thumbsup: that swm is off the hook those were sweet machines they made the bulls and montys look bad, also had a 72 mar when i was a kid my dad bought me,i would love to have one now to give to him

Well I have a 72 Ossa Mar and an 02 Beta but I'll do pics of my new bike. It's a 1980 SWM TL 320. I just bought it for the second time. First time was brand new in 1980, sold it to a friend when I was out of the country and he did not keep it long. When I got back I could not find it, kinda wanted to get it back. Was in a guys basement for 20 years just 30 mins away. Anyway here it is, someone tried to make a trail bike out of it, but she's still all there. Started second kick. I'll try to do some of me on the bike back in the day as well. I'm glad to have her home....lol Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• PhilthyPhil

Posted April 17, 2008 - 06:43 PM

I had a Tiger Mark II. I put almost 200k miles on it and sold it for more than I paid.

That is a MKII numbers matching Tiger behind the SWM, and no it is not for sale. Now behind that is a 69 OSSA Pioneer, that is the only non running bike I have. But it goes with the MAR and is a project for down the road.. I think I got a shot of the MAR, hang on. Posted Image there it's an old shot but the MAR is a good old ride.

• GASGASGAS

Posted April 17, 2008 - 06:51 PM

great vintage stuff phil. i have decided i need a 76 ossa 350 mar for my vintage bike. saw it in a flyer when i was kid and just thought it was the coolest bike i had ever seen. didnt even know what trials was.

• Ud_Luz

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:07 PM

That is a MKII numbers matching Tiger behind the SWM, and no it is not for sale.

There's very few Mark II's still around. I sold a NOS grill for $900 a couple of years ago that I had as a spare. I also got $450 for a NOS horn ring. I gave the guy that bought my car most of the parts but had forgotten I had these in my dad's house. If I would have kept all the parts they would have been worth as much as the car.

I made a pile of money off some NOS Daimler SP250 parts I still had. :thumbsup:

• FESTER

Posted April 17, 2008 - 07:41 PM

i used to ride my mar in 74 with bernie schrieber,not the same class,but the same club.i liked my ossa and am looking for one now to restore,with the exception of there terrible rear brakes

• PhilthyPhil

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:12 AM

There was a grille on e-bay I think he wanted 2,500 to start. Stainless wheel trim was 2000 to start. The stuff unique to the MK II is very expensive, no one makes it with only 534 MK IIs ever made.

Ossa stuff ...http://autos.groups....?yguid=40961012

• PhilthyPhil

Posted April 19, 2008 - 05:13 AM

Matts group http://hem.passagen.se/ossa/

• ChiefBDT

Posted April 19, 2008 - 02:18 PM

(Please help with photo posting)

After a year long project from the frame up it's done except for the seat and skid plate. Still looking for both??? Anyone with any info. on where I can get a seat redone to look OEM I'd sure appreciate it.

God Bless All,
Brad

PS: Now it's for sale :thumbsup:

• bongoray

Posted October 15, 2008 - 12:06 PM

A little tired when I bought it but a little tlc and a little more £'s on cosmetics and she's coming along nicely!
Can anyone help me out with a rattle that I'm experiencing though?

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgy-qXhfOzI

(I have also asked this question on the TXT piston slap thread)

• 1992yz125

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Almost seems like it's something other than the engine. Start it up and pull the tank. I find that every now and then it goes on in a way that lets it rattle against the frame...

Edit: nevermind, I just read the other thread

• CRM114

Posted October 16, 2008 - 05:31 AM

If it is what I heard right there in the last second or two, that isn't the engine. It sounds a lot more like a metallic part hitting a resonance.

Do you have a floating front disc? My Montesa was making a rattle sort of like that and it was the floating front disc and completely normal.

My GasGas was making a noise sort of like this and it turned out to be the screw that threads into the number plate that holds the front brake cable routing loop. When I didn't have a number plate it was just rattling down on the edge of the fork. No problem, but it was good to figure out what it was.

Could it be something inside the muffler that has delaminated?

I'm sure you've done it but check the bolts holding the:

Skidplate
Muffler
Air box
Fenders

Good luck,
John

• redrider7202

Posted October 16, 2008 - 08:48 AM

and ur snail adjusters are upside down

• FESTER

Posted October 16, 2008 - 04:24 PM

great observation red!its not the top end rattling,the pro gasgas are kind of noisy motors internally,but quiet up a little when the clutch is pulled in.sounds like body parts,i wouldnt worry about it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.