Lots of WRs in CO

9 replies to this topic
  • Scott

Posted May 30, 2000 - 06:23 AM

For you Colorado folks...

I went to the Moto-x track over by C470 and I70 yesterday for the first time. WOW! Great to see a lot of blue thumpers out there! Good riders too. :) If any of you forum folks were out there between 10:00am and 2:00pm yesterday, great job - everyone looked good and seemed to be having a great time.

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed

• Bryan

Posted May 30, 2000 - 06:45 AM

Scott, that's REAL close to my house (Thunder Valley). I've never been there. How did you like it? I've heard mixed reviews.

Did you tell them about TTalk?

Bryan...

• Scott

Posted May 30, 2000 - 07:12 AM

I LOVED it! I've never been on any track before. I thought it was great!! You've heard me whine before about my bike being too big, but the size didn't matter on the track. It was so much fun catching air and for once not worrying about tight single track, big rocks and deep ruts. :)

You gotta try it. And man, what a workout! Man hands shook for at least and hour (maybe 2) after the ride. Good Times! :D

Believe it or not, I didn't talk with the other thumpers. A few waves here and there, but when we were leaving they were out riding.

The few folks I did talk to were great - very friendly.

Only $6.00 to get in and well worth it.

You gotta try it!

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Twin Air filter,E-Series,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,front and rear lights removed

• Bryan

Posted May 30, 2000 - 07:19 AM

I did a mountain bike race once on that track and that was fun although brutal.

I drove by there yesterday and it was packed. I figure I should go during the week when it's not so crowded. Lets go! When?

Bryan...

• Scott

Posted May 30, 2000 - 08:12 AM

I agree - let's go!
I should probably do a few things to my bike first:
1)Need a new rear tire
2)I was spewing oil pretty good from somewhere - I have to figure out what's going on.

I'm debating taking my rear over to Vickery for some new rubber or doing it myself.

I guess I don't NEED a new tire prior to going back to the track. :)

How does Thursday after work sound? Don't know if I can do it for sure, but it looks clear so far.

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted May 30, 2000 - 08:38 AM

Sorry Scott. I got carried away with your excitement.

This week is bad for me (I have kid duty while my wife is out of town) and next week I need to get my rig ready for the race we are doing in Montrose on 6/11. If I'm still alive after that, we can get something going.

If you go any night but Thursday (I have kids baseball Thursdays) let me know and maybe I'll stop by the track. Or if you'll be there after 6:00 Thurs.

Bryan...

• Scott

Posted May 30, 2000 - 01:19 PM

Bryan,
No worries, we'll get out there one of these days. I'll drop you a note if/when I'm heading back to the track. If you're free, great, if not, no biggie.

------------------

• Scott

Posted May 30, 2000 - 01:19 PM

Bryan,
No worries, we'll get out there one of these days. I'll drop you a note if/when I'm heading back to the track. If you're free, great, if not, no biggie.

------------------

• Dougie

Posted May 30, 2000 - 04:24 PM

Scott,

I too would like to try that track out. I've been to Berthod and Watkins, but not that one. I also have heard mixed reviews on it but would like to try it for myself. This week is bad for me. Otherwise any time on Mon, Tue or Wed as well as anytime after 3pm on Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sun will work for me.

If you ever want to try out Watkins, it is off of E-470 and Jewell Rd. Head east on Jewell approx 5 to 10 miles and it is on the North Side. $8 to get in. Three tracks (beginner, intermediate and expert).

Berthond in way north. It is either exit 252 or 258 (somewhere in there). You can't miss it from I-25 on the west side. You exit off to the east and immediately head south on the frontage road. The entrace is a dirt road under I-25 back to the west. I really like this track for my heavy bike. It is thumper friendly. Plus there is a pretty good size "trail" system in the back.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Scott

Posted May 31, 2000 - 06:45 AM

Thanx for the info Dougie. I'll fire off an email when I'm heading off to the track.

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.