460X 18 .........metric size please

8 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:34 PM

What would a 460 be in metric, is that like a 120 or something ? How much bigger is the next size, like a 130 I guess, would that be about 3/8 wider or what?

I want to oder these tires http://www.klr650.co...Sport Tires.htm and want to know before I call.

I might add those are supposed to be one of the longest wearing tires out there :thumbsup:

YES, they have 18's, just don't list them on the site.

Is there some sort of conversion chart for tires?

• yz426em

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:36 PM

Yes a 4.60 would be like a 120/80 or 120/90, good luck with the tires:ride:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:38 PM

WOW, that was the quickest reply I ever got on TT, thanks Buddy! :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted July 20, 2007 - 08:10 AM

You can get google to do conversions for you-

type in

4.60 inches in mm

and you get an answer!

It'll be cool to see one of those critters in the flesh, if I ever head south, or if you head north again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 20, 2007 - 10:21 AM

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try.

Here is a real good shot of the Mefo ............

Expensive, but then if I get double the milage of most, they really are the same cost or cheaper then most.

Thank God I have a 18" rear because the 17's sell out right away, they had no 17's a month ago and none now.

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted July 20, 2007 - 10:24 AM

how much and where?

• Huffa 2

Posted July 20, 2007 - 11:24 AM

how much and where?

:lol: :busted: Wake up Martin :bonk:

Links are in my 1st post. Tires come from Germany I believe, HEY, would be a great set fot you I bet ! :thumbsup:

Pages and pages about them in 2nd link.

• martinfan30

Posted July 20, 2007 - 11:27 AM

ya im not with it today! thinking about my softball tourney i gotta drive 3 hrs. for after work!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• Huffa 2

Posted July 20, 2007 - 11:33 AM

ya im not with it today! thinking about my softball tourney i gotta drive 3 hrs. for after work!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Quite alright, everybody does it once in a while.

Here are a few more comments + other tires too.

If these guys with the heavier KLR's are getting this good of mileage, I figure I should get at least 7-8000 off of them, hopefully more. Of cousre a lot depends on the terrian you ride on.

" The MEFO MFE 99 Sport Explorer Tires are made in Germany where they are used by Honda Trans Alp riders "

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.