Help Rear Wheel

17 replies to this topic
  • gomer334

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:43 AM

Well i ript apart my hub and need a new one well i was goin to buy a new hub and have somneone put it on but then they have to respoke and labor and all that would be prety high i was wondering if there is anywhere u can buy a back wheell with rim and hub tire and roter on it ?? and spoked

• TMAC25

Posted July 19, 2007 - 11:08 AM

I have a like new stock 450 complete wheel with brand new maxxis tire rode on one time with brand new oem sprocket, wheel only has like 4 rides total on it, no bends or wobbles all the spokes are tight, basically brand new except for one scrape. I will take 300 plus shipping.

• gomer334

Posted July 19, 2007 - 04:38 PM

will this fit on a 99 yz 400f??

• 02YZ426

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:16 PM

I have a like new stock 450 complete wheel with brand new maxxis tire rode on one time with brand new oem sprocket, wheel only has like 4 rides total on it, no bends or wobbles all the spokes are tight, basically brand new except for one scrape. I will take 300 plus shipping.

Thats a pretty good deal. I already bought a rear hub and going to build my own wheel. I'm in need of a front hub now, front and rear disk if anyone has them to spare.

• matts06yzf

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:40 PM

ebay :ride:

• TMAC25

Posted July 19, 2007 - 07:26 PM

Yes I believe they will fit a yz 400, and How is that not a good deal, the tire and heavy duty tube are 100 alone. Try finding a like new rear wheel for 200 with brand new sprocket. 300 for wheel new sprocket, like new tire and new tube good luck.

• 02YZ426

Posted July 19, 2007 - 07:44 PM

Yes I believe they will fit a yz 400, and How is that not a good deal, the tire and heavy duty tube are 100 alone. Try finding a like new rear wheel for 200 with brand new sprocket. 300 for wheel new sprocket, like new tire and new tube good luck.

No, that is a good deal.. my bad typing LoL.

• TMAC25

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:10 PM

^^^ Thanks, I thought it was a good deal. You lacing your wheels by yourself or are you having it done? If you are having it done, what are you paying as I need a set laced and new to know what a good deal to have them laced is. Thanks.

• 02YZ426

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:18 PM

^^^ Thanks, I thought it was a good deal. You lacing your wheels by yourself or are you having it done? If you are having it done, what are you paying as I need a set laced and new to know what a good deal to have them laced is. Thanks.

I lace up my own wheels. Its not really that hard, just takes some patience.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TMAC25

Posted July 20, 2007 - 01:12 AM

^^^ patience is not one of my strong points. Thanks though.

• Wiz636

Posted July 20, 2007 - 02:38 PM

^^^ patience is not one of my strong points. Thanks though.

I laced up a set of wheels for the first time a couple weeks ago and it really was not too bad...you should give it a shot.

BTW...saw your ad on craigslist for your excel/talon wheelsets...sell those yet? We live pretty close, I'm in the Bothell/Mill Creek area.

• gomer334

Posted July 21, 2007 - 07:57 AM

my e mail is SkaterPn2@aol.com if u could send me some pics that would be cool if it looks good then we will go from there

• matt113

Posted July 29, 2007 - 11:59 AM

a shop told me $65 to lace my rear wheel?? is that a good deal??

• grayracer513

Posted July 29, 2007 - 01:46 PM

If you bring in the parts? Hell yes. They're barely charging for an hour's work.

• rbinstoon

Posted July 29, 2007 - 07:59 PM

I bought a rear wheel in good condition on eBay today for $170 plus shipping.

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 30, 2007 - 02:21 AM

I lace up my own wheels. Its not really that hard, just takes some patience.

It's hard if you've never done it before. I was tought by a 20 year veteran "A" tech/good friend how to lace and true wheels. There is a LOT you need to know when lacing, peticulary how to perform final truing. This takes a precision dial indicator. Like anything, once you know all the tricks, it's a snap (and a big money saver)

• 02YZ426

Posted July 30, 2007 - 06:27 AM

It's hard if you've never done it before. I was tought by a 20 year veteran "A" tech/good friend how to lace and true wheels. There is a LOT you need to know when lacing, peticulary how to perform final truing. This takes a precision dial indicator. Like anything, once you know all the tricks, it's a snap (and a big money saver)

Honestly, once you lace your own wheel you will see that its less complicated than techs will tell you. I don't use a dial indicator or a truing stand and I can get the wheel to turn true almost perfectly to the naked eye.

• grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2007 - 07:58 AM

A dial indicator will make a better job of it, but it isn't absolutely necessary. A truing stand, or something that will duplicate its function, really should be used, however. One of the features of a good stand is that it has adjustable runout indicators that can be close in on the wheel as it gets truer, both laterally and vertically. These can detect very small discrepancies, and are usually all that is practically necessary, particularly for a dirt bike.

The key to building a strong wheel is adequate and uniform spoke tension.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.