Gear boxes - problem seem to be spreading

2 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 29, 2000 - 02:59 PM

G'day all,

Yes, I am a worry wart.. :D. There seem to be alot of posts of late regarding WR/YZ's loosing gears or getting jammed in gear, etc.... :)

Once somebody gets closure on the apparent cause of the gear box problems, PLEASE forward it to Bryan for inclusion on the Technical Update site. :D

Thanks all and I wish you all luck in getting those damn problems sorted out quick...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted May 30, 2000 - 01:55 AM

I'm taking my bike in this afternoon :) . I'll let you guys know as soon as I know.

• sbohanon

Posted May 30, 2000 - 02:32 AM

did a pretty serious face plant after comming up short on a double saturday.
after making sure there wasn't any bones poking out, i got back on the bike and found first gear hard to find. have to keep stomping on the lever to get it into gear. if i'm down shifting, it goes into neutral(sp?)instead of first. didn't check to see if the lever was bent and hitting the frame since i only rode for another 10-20 minutes because i was so bent up, going to see the ortho today. what do you think it could be? bikes ok otherwise.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.