Lowering link

4 replies to this topic
  • emolas

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:56 AM

This is my first time posting on TT. My question is when using a lowering link what should be to the front suspension to accomodate the link?

• Coolidge

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:32 AM

While I havent yet done it, What I understand is, you slide the fork tubes up, along w/lowering link, will get the full lowering effect. I have heard folks not sliding the forks, and just adding link, but dont have any personal experiance (yet) I have a 97 XR600R, and Im only 5'-7", and I find the bike a little too tall for me at times.
And "welcome" to TT. A lot of great people on here, w/plenty of great info.
Good Luck~Guy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meterman

Posted July 19, 2007 - 12:53 PM

i just installed a devol lowering link on my xr650l and just pushed the fork tubes up about 1/4 of an inch like Coolidge said and it works well for me.:ride:

• markseaba

Posted July 19, 2007 - 12:59 PM

YIP, just push the forks up as far as it will allow you. IMO, they are GREAT. I had one on my XR400 and I have one on my WR250 cause I got short little legs

• emolas

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:09 PM

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 1 reply

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.