Help!! What is wrong with my WR400??

3 replies to this topic
  • ScottyR

Posted May 28, 2000 - 04:23 PM

Help!! My WR sounds like it has a diesel engine in it. It is hammering and knocking but yet it seems to be running good. I am runnning premium fuel and the bike is bone stock with no mods at all. Any suggestions, my dealer cant look at it for a couple of days and I am worried. The bike has only been ridden 3-4 times and doesnt have 300 kms on it. It has lots of oil and coolant in it. Thanks for the info!

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 28, 2000 - 04:31 PM

Knocking and sounds like a diesel...

Valves or cam? Obviously, dont ride it... It iks still under warranty, so dont worry from that perspective...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 28, 2000 - 04:44 PM

I agree w/ Mitchy...Cams and valve train, without actually hearing it. DON'T take a chance. Let the Dealer screw with it.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Heywood

Posted May 30, 2000 - 05:00 PM

When I went to the dealer to pick up my new WR they were showing me the starting ritual and the bike had a loud "clicking" sound. They shut it off immediately and I got another bike.

It turned out that the factory left out a clip on the wrist pin and the pin was banging on the cylinder wall. It took out most of the top end on that bike.

I would not start the bike again and get it to the dealer ASAP.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.