Any kind of rear footpeg setup for these bikes?

2 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted May 25, 2000 - 07:46 AM

My girlfriend is buggin' me to bring her out for a ride. I don't think she will want to more than once though, I don't think she knows she has to ride on a 2x4. Anyone have a rear peg setup or know of one I can try? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 25, 2000 - 08:01 AM

I think Baja Designs still sells a kit to put rear footpegs on a XR600. It consists of a steel plate you weld to the subframe, and a set of XR650L passenger pegs you bolt to the plate. I don't know if this would work on a WR or not.

I do know that the seat will be no where near as comfortable as an XR600 for the passenger.

Roy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 30, 2000 - 01:51 AM

Yes Baja do a kit, it does require you to weld a bracket to chain side of rear subframe but works great and is easy to remove when you're not with 'her in doors'
I also used the plastic mairer frame guards, they can easily be adapted to fit with passenger pegs on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.