3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 28, 2000 - 09:36 PM

I need some advice.I ride fairly tight trails and find the stock gearing a tad tall for the more technical terrain.Any advice greatfully received.
PS YZ seat and tank was the best modification I have made to my 99WR.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 29, 2000 - 02:55 AM

I went to a 13 tooth countershaft sprocket. Someone mentioned this may increase the wear on the swingarm buffer pad. I do not know, I haven't studied it. I am happy with my 13 though.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted May 29, 2000 - 12:53 PM

I'm very happy with my 13, quick burst of power when needed. As far as wear on the chain slider, pull of the two bolts on the top of it and lift it up. See the big bead of weld? Grind it down flush and then you won't have any problem with the chain wearing through the slider.

'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 29, 2000 - 03:21 PM

I put a 52 on the rear and found it doesn't stall as much. I did this as an econonomical fix as well as my riding area being above 7000'. Craig, for your needs I feel the best fix is the addition of a flywheel weight and the possible use of a 13T counter sprocket.

Happy trails,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.