Best header paint- stock XR650R?

23 replies to this topic
  • captb

Posted July 20, 2007 - 11:27 AM

I had my PowerBomb chromed, it's now a no maint item, still nice after 5 years.

• dzrtrat1111

Posted July 21, 2007 - 02:00 PM

philipstjohn

sorry for the delay..

i use Dupli Color high heat with ceramic.. it's good up to 1200 deg. you can get it at walmart, pepboys,ect ect.. and like i said, i painted mine 6-8 months ago and it sill looks just as good as when i painted it... GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted July 21, 2007 - 02:18 PM

philipstjohn

sorry for the delay..

i use Dupli Color high heat with ceramic.. it's good up to 1200 deg. you can get it at walmart, pepboys,ect ect.. and like i said, i painted mine 6-8 months ago and it sill looks just as good as when i painted it... GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I didn't have good luck with that but even if I did, I didn't like how it grayed up from the original black color.

:excuseme: You didn't have any color fade?

What happened or I should say IS happening is that it is chipping off everywhere, I must have done something wrong? Even baked it in the oven and it looked fine afterwards but once on bike, didn't last long at all :excuseme:

Here, check it out .......

http://www.thumperta...d.php?p=4979167

• Maroast

Posted July 22, 2007 - 06:45 AM

It's funny you should ask about header paint.... heres a pretty good post on it..
http://www.thumperta.....php?p=4979167

:p

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.