2007 wr450 f questions

14 replies to this topic
  • nico-1

Posted July 18, 2007 - 09:48 PM

2007 wr450 f : i would like to change my stock pipe since i am rejetting the bike, i like to ride trails i am not lokking for speed what i need is more tourque, wich pipe and brand should i choose, any help will be thankfull, Nico

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 18, 2007 - 09:56 PM

How loud do you want to spend?

• Mutu

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:04 AM

Any muffler other than a quiet muffler (stock, Q2, E2...) will boost bottom end power output, as well as everywhere else.

The stock muffler is the problem with power / torque, but it is quiet.

You could just get a FMF powerbomb or megabomb header if you wanted to stay with the stock muffler.

• KennyMc

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:23 AM

I put the FMF TI Powercore on my 07 WR450. It looks great as it doesn't stick out much past the number plate. The sound is about 99 db but it doesn't sound too loud to me. It is also anodized blue. The bike runs great. Got it for $249 (after $20 dsic) through Rockymountainatv.com:ride:

• face_plant

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:50 AM

big gun bout 96-99 dbl and i get to shoot flames

• PROWLER 58

Posted July 19, 2007 - 11:16 AM

I put the FMF TI Powercore on my 07 WR450. It looks great as it doesn't stick out much past the number plate. The sound is about 99 db but it doesn't sound too loud to me. It is also anodized blue. The bike runs great. Got it for $249 (after $20 dsic) through Rockymountainatv.com:ride:

whats involved with the installation of that pipe ?

• KennyMc

Posted July 19, 2007 - 12:34 PM

whats involved with the installation of that pipe ?

It is just the slip-on so not much (unless I don't quite understand the question). As far as jetting, I installed the JD Jetting and followed his suggestions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted July 19, 2007 - 04:11 PM

big gun bout 96-99 dbl and i get to shoot flames

Exhaust leak? :excuseme:

• nico-1

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:12 PM

no i just want more performance

• nico-1

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:15 PM

money will not be a problem i just want put a good pipe and don't waste time and money with a lot a garbage of pipes out there thank for replying

• nico-1

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:17 PM

a dealer told me that the fmf is not a good pipe it will break easy!

• KennyMc

Posted July 19, 2007 - 10:57 PM

Well good for the dealer. I had one on my 04 CRF450R and currently have one on my 07 WR450. Both work fantastic (as long as you don't mind duct tape) J/K!!! No problems.:applause:

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 20, 2007 - 10:16 AM

The new FMF stuff is significantly better than the garbage of 3-5 years ago. I remember the days when you looked up shitty quality in the dictionary and saw a picture of a FMF megamax, FMF Q1, or the original FMF powercore 4.

The best pipe for the "f**k sound laws" and "prices be damned" crowd is the pro circuit T-4 full system. IMHO titanium on an off road bike exhaust is a bad idea or else I'd say the Ti-4

The best exhaust for the "quiet" crowd is the Q4 muffler with the stainless powerbomb header. :worthy:The pro circuit type 496 is too loud to be considered a quiet exhaust.

• jpoehls

Posted July 20, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Q4 rocks...I would not call it for the quiet crowd. Its not obnoxious around neighborhood, but its not for the quit fairy. Its just a good pipe. You won't be displeased in any way. My 2 cents for what its worth.

• Mutu

Posted July 22, 2007 - 12:03 AM

The best pipe for the "f**k sound laws" and "prices be damned" crowd is the pro circuit T-4 full system. IMHO titanium on an off road bike exhaust is a bad idea or else I'd say the Ti-4

Agreed. Ti4 full system absolutely rips! :applause:

Ti that procircuit uses is thick...... unlike FMF.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.