Throttle Stop Mod

7 replies to this topic
  • crackjacker

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Has anyone had a problem after the throttle stop mod of the engine flooding when you snap the throttle about 1/2-3/4 way back? dude. wtf.

• tommyj

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:16 PM

For what bike??:excuseme:

• crackjacker

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:41 AM

yeah, i guess that would help.
2007 wr450

• PaulButler

Posted July 19, 2007 - 09:10 AM

Has anyone had a problem after the throttle stop mod of the engine flooding when you snap the throttle about 1/2-3/4 way back? dude. wtf.

Did you do the Grey Wire Mod..? it goes hand and hand with the throttle stop. It maps the new ignition timing for more throttle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted July 19, 2007 - 11:35 AM

or it could be kinda like a liquid lock up
alot of 450's feel like when you hard snap it gets too much fuel
and wants to bog down.

mine does it but i usually dont have to gas it to do anything, just roll it on

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 19, 2007 - 12:14 PM

You're problem lies in the leak jet (in the float bowl)

• crackjacker

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:15 PM

good point.

• crackjacker

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:16 PM

mine does it but i usually dont have to gas it to do anything, just roll it on[/QUOTE]

that's a really good point.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.