keep back tire on the ground

4 replies to this topic
  • laker

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:27 PM

I have a 98 650l and i have a hard time to keep the back tire on the ground when im driving on or off road. Like when im on road and drive over a manhole cover. I feel the back tire come up off the ground and then back on the road. Not good on a corner and off road it has a lot of bounce. I have tried to adjust the back shock and the rebound nothin changes to much any help would be great

• pigryder

Posted July 19, 2007 - 03:42 AM

You could have a blown or weak shock, is there any sign of fluid around the shaft seals on the shock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted July 19, 2007 - 05:56 AM

your suspension is prolly off between having the correct spring for your weight and your sag setting, and its prolly been a few years since youve had the oil changed all this will make your suspension work correctly.

• laker

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:14 PM

thanks for some tips i will check . Could the spring be to tight

• laker

Posted July 19, 2007 - 08:16 PM

thanks i will check the oil . Could the spring be to tight

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.