Need tips for fork oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • Tom

Posted May 27, 2000 - 07:25 PM

I haven't changed fork oil for many years. In the old days it was simple. Just drain and put in the right amount.

What is the process for the WR? The factory manual makes it sound simple. Pull the caps off and out comes the spring. Pump the oil out. Then measure the amount of old with a gauge. Somehow, I think I'm missing something.

Your tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 27, 2000 - 07:36 PM

Tom I just change my fork oil today 5-27-00 just pull the frok tube off the bike undo the caps drian the oil 8.5oz per. fork nothing to it. Use kayaba zero-1 fork oil

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 27, 2000 - 08:18 PM

These forks are radically different than the old "Damper Rod" style forks. It is critical you PUMP out the old fork oil. The cartridge inside the fork will retain oil. If you are not going to pump the oil out, save your money and don't change it. It would be pointless. I am using 2.5# PJ-1.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 28, 2000 - 02:42 AM

In the July MXA, they give you a rundown on fork oil change.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.