Range of a stock YZ tank?

2 replies to this topic

Posted May 27, 2000 - 06:53 PM

Does any one know what kind of range i can expect out of a stock YZ tank? I've heard maybe only 35-40 miles is this true? I found a good deal on one but may still get a IMS or clarke if thats the most milage I can get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted May 27, 2000 - 07:11 PM

I got 90kms and then I measured what was left and there was 200ml of fuel left.

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• jlm400

Posted May 28, 2000 - 12:37 PM

I road a wide open harscramble and was on the gas hard 80% of the time and used 2.4 gallons and road 49 miles. Using that ratio and the fact that the YZ tank holds 2.1 gallons the worst case scenario should be roughly 42-43 miles one one tank of gas. This means that I would not have been able to finish a 2 hour hare scramble on the YZ tank. Good think I opted for the 3.3 gaoolon clarke or I would have really done bad. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.