uk exhausts

2 replies to this topic
  • Darren_Santilli

Posted May 24, 2000 - 04:58 PM

has anyone tried or heard of how to un-tame the muffler on a uk/european bike?

They are welded up so i suppose you have to cut them open....
although i dont want to try it(without any advice) incase it all goes wrong

ps
I think the uk muffler is similar to the Australian one

[This message has been edited by Darren Santilli (edited 05-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Darren Santilli (edited 05-24-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mech

Posted May 26, 2000 - 06:16 AM

Hi Darren,
You can cut up the end of the exhaust pipe where there is a welded. Use a saw and cut around the welded. PS don't cut through the pipe saw around the pipe so that you won't damage the core inside. Then go and buy a WR or XR end cap and fix it up (but requier the knowledge to weld, also you need to cut away the spark arrestor). to the end of the pipe. I done it, and it did improve the power but not like my after market pipe . Hope this help and you know what I am writing. Maybe I try to do a post of my bike picture. :)

• RodH

Posted May 26, 2000 - 09:15 PM

Sounds like it is the same as the Aussie pipe. I have been told that you can just cut the end off, and there is a baddle in side that can be removed easily, and then just weld the end back on. I have also heard that some took a big pointy rod and stuck it in the pipe and gave it a few hits with a hammer to punch a hole in the end of the baffle. I pressume the end bit that turns down must have been cut a bit to get it in ?

Just so you know how restrictive they are, the E-Series pipe with 2 discs flows the same amount as the Australian pipe.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.