420 kit for my 99WR 400

7 replies to this topic
  • Clark_Mason

Posted May 25, 2000 - 06:08 PM

I'v decided to do the 420 at 13.5 compression all stainless steel valves with the larger intakes. Now who do you out there in forum land recommend do the work??? I not putting in a sleave I want a coated cyclinder like or similar to stock and may want to tighten up the squish band. So lets have some suggestions!

Clark

• MotoGreg

Posted May 25, 2000 - 06:10 PM

I thought that Rick Peterson Motorsports did all the cylinders? He bores and then re-coats them with Nikasil. I know he does all the cylinders for White Bros and as far as I know everyone uses him.

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• MotoGreg

Posted May 25, 2000 - 06:14 PM

You can find him here...

www.wmking.com/rpms/

------------------
'99 WR400
'92 GSXR 7/11
Visit my photo album AT YOUR OWN RISK!! My photo album
Anyone here a sportbike fan also? Then visit us here at www.insanespeed.com

• Airastro

Posted May 25, 2000 - 06:32 PM

Clark,

I think MotoGreg is correct on RPM. The best thing about him, is that he is local, I think Azusa or Covina

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 26, 2000 - 03:16 AM

Eric Gorr has been around a long time. He ported my CR 250 back in '91.

• Rich_Rohrich

Posted May 26, 2000 - 06:43 AM

Clark - For whatever an opinion is worth, of the available platers US Chrome is the only one I would trust at this point. As you probably know, the plating process is pretty straight forward but the chemistry seperates the good from the bad. Chemistry and surface finish seems to be where many of the "platers" fall short.

Rich

• Clark_Mason

Posted May 26, 2000 - 04:55 PM

Rich

So who would you recommend for my project?? Eric Gorr and does Eric use US chrome. I e-mailed Eric but he did not mention who he uses for plating/

Clark

• Rich_Rohrich

Posted May 26, 2000 - 07:23 PM

Clark - If you send it through Eric he'll use US Chrome, and he can specify the surface finish. My 420 barrel has held up really well over the year I've run it.

Rich

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.