Bash Plates

14 replies to this topic
  • Brett

Posted May 19, 2000 - 04:51 AM

Anybody got any recommendations on Bash Plates ? My frame rails are starting to get a little beat up!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 19, 2000 - 06:04 AM

Brett, I have the Moose skid plate that I got from Baja Designs. They're great and will protect you're investment. I put one on before I rode my bike and im glad I did because I think I've hit every single rock in the Mojave Desert, yet my frame still looks new! See Ya, Dan

• Heywood

Posted May 19, 2000 - 01:19 PM

I have been looking at the e-line carbon skid plate.

I sent them a question via e-mail (the form on their web site) one night before leaving work, and when I got in the next day, I got a reply from Kevin Hinds himself apologizing about his dated web page. A lot of businesses with fancy web pages take their time replying to e-mails (if they ever do at all!).

It is refreshing to see someone who really give a S$#t about their business (and customers). I am sold. I'll be going with the E-line.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 19, 2000 - 02:40 PM

He must do better with emails than phone calls! I called twice and left messages and NEVER got a call back.

I had a problem with the holes not aligning with my frame and needed some advice....no help. I ended up fixing the problem with my dremil tool. I'm happy with the skid plate but I would have been nice to get a call back.

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Jeff_in_AZ

Posted May 20, 2000 - 09:25 PM

I've got the White Brothers aluminum plate. It covers the front frame rails and engine a lot better than the stocker. It's got a few pits in it from rock hits, but has held up for 3 months now just fine.

• JamesD

Posted May 20, 2000 - 10:41 AM

I have the Works Connection Aluminum guards (skid plate, Waterpump, Ignition cover and frame). I haven't really given them a serious test yet but they provide pretty good coverage. Way better than stock.

One question though, why are there White Brothers stickers on the back of the packages? Are these the same as the White Brothers guards?

• zimmermangm

Posted May 20, 2000 - 08:21 PM

I also have the Works Connection glide plate. It fit perfectly and covers just what I wanted it to: the frame rails along the bottom, and it doesn't have sides like some of the larger bash guards do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted May 21, 2000 - 01:54 AM

JAMES:

Got a photo of your bashplate/guard setup??

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• JamesD

Posted May 22, 2000 - 02:39 PM

Well, my camera bit the big one a while back but I can try to borrow a digital one from work.

• RodH

Posted May 22, 2000 - 03:48 PM

I havre a B&B plate from Aus, it covers more up the side than the standard one, and I have 2 big hits on the right side that would have torn the water pump straight off if it hadn't been there.

You can see it at http://www.egroups.c...rods00wr400.jpg

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• JamesD

Posted May 24, 2000 - 10:45 AM

<removed>

[This message has been edited by JamesD (edited 05-24-2000).]

• JamesD

Posted May 24, 2000 - 10:47 AM

You can get an idea of what the Works Connection plates are like here: http://www.worksconn...on.com/main.htm http://www.worksconn...ntnt/cg/yzg.htm

I'll still try to get a picture of mine.

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted May 25, 2000 - 12:55 AM

Stroker also has a skid plate. www.strokerspeed.com

• JBM

Posted May 25, 2000 - 06:15 AM

JamesD and zimmermangm,
Are you saying this Works Connection glide plate covers the lower frame rails? I have a 426 and would like a plate that is pretty much like the stock one but that also protects the lower frame. I don't care about it having a pump guard.

• JamesD

Posted May 25, 2000 - 09:30 PM

Originally posted by JBM:
JamesD and zimmermangm,
Are you saying this Works Connection glide plate covers the lower frame rails? I have a 426 and would like a plate that is pretty much like the stock one but that also protects the lower frame. I don't care about it having a pump guard.

The Works Connection glide plate covers the frame rails in front and below. Since the case/pump guards are sold separately you can buy just what you want.

My local Yamaha dealer (who is pretty dirt bike oriented) actually carries this glide plate in stock so you might be able to pick one up without ordering it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.