2001 Header Question

2 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted July 18, 2007 - 06:59 AM

So am having no luck find a used one, and the OEM's are way expensive.

Does anyone know if I just buy an FMF powerbomb, and just use it with the OEM exhaust? I don't want a whole new system, just need to replace the header.

Thanks for any info.

Dodger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brooks_Wackerman

Posted July 22, 2007 - 08:50 PM

E bay has them. i just had a look then and there is a 2000 yzf header. they come up pretty often.
good luck

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 22, 2007 - 09:42 PM

So am having no luck find a used one, and the OEM's are way expensive.

Does anyone know if I just buy an FMF powerbomb, and just use it with the OEM exhaust? I don't want a whole new system, just need to replace the header.

Thanks for any info.

Dodger

Why not just get the muffler that you want and then take it to your local muffler/exhaust shop and have them mate it up to you existing header? Most muffler ships (not Midas) are pretty good at making custom exausts. Trust me, if they are borderline competent, they can do it.

I recently had a muffler shop modify the bend on my FMF pipe. Someone told me that they couldn't do it, but its been two years and its still working great.

Its cheap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.