Brake Light Switch

I have a 05 WR450 and I am trying to make it street legal. They sent me a Hydraulic brake light switch. But I don't see where it is supposed to go. Has anyone put one of these on? Does it go on the master cylinder on the rear brake somewhere? Maybe I am overlooking something.

Thanks in advance,Brian

This is a awesome forum!!!!

Yes, the switch goes on the rear master cylider. Remove the allen head banjo bolt on top of the master cylinder. Install the switch between the master cylinder and the brake line and replace the banjo bolt with the longer one provided with the switch. Bleed the system and hook one wire to a power source and the other one to the unused wire coming from the tail light and "Presto" you have a working brake light.

Jim

Install the switch between the master cylinder and the brake line and replace the banjo bolt with the longer one provided with the switch.

Jim

Not sure what kind of switch you use Jim, but from my experience the switch has the bolt integrated into it. There is no separate "longer bolt", as the switch IS now your new banjo bolt.

i'd hook it up to the front master cyl if it was me since 90% of highway braking is done with the front.

05 wr 450 wv plated

He should make sure that the requirements don't preclude that. In TX for instance, the law states that the REAR brake has to activate the brake light.

i'd hook it up to the front master cyl if it was me since 90% of highway braking is done with the front.

05 wr 450 wv plated

I agree with face plant. Or better yet, get another switch and run two. Some will say you don't need to do that, but remember how vulnerable you are on the highways. You need every edge you can get!!!