'03 Yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • whyzee79

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:18 AM

Ok,

So I was talking to my buddy about tracks and bikes just a while ago, and he (i've been waiting for this) expressed interest in selling his 03 YZ450F!

That's a big of an upgrade from the 426 as I know the 03's are untamed animal's, and it feels light. I've ridden his 03 once before.

Thoughts?

• Ga450owner

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:28 AM

Ok,

So I was talking to my buddy about tracks and bikes just a while ago, and he (i've been waiting for this) expressed interest in selling his 03 YZ450F!

That's a big of an upgrade from the 426 as I know the 03's are untamed animal's, and it feels light. I've ridden his 03 once before.

Thoughts?

you will like it a lot more than the 426 - it flat out rips....probably the fastest bike still out there - but you need to learn to ride it right in order not to crash and hurt yourself. It can wear you flat out. There are many ways to tame it, help it corner better and make it better all the way around. I still have mine and luv it...but for cornering and handling the 06-08 are much better

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whyzee79

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:35 AM

Thats cool. Also jumping from the 426 to that 450 will probably be a dream change for me as is. I don't race, just ride for fun. :thumbsup:

Though I wouldn't mind putting killer suspension on the 450, (or the 426 if I dont buy the 450, but I probably will :thumbsup: ).

• snowdog

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:13 AM

i just bought a low hour 03 from my buddy and it F- - - in rips

i'm going to change the rear sprocket from the 48 to a 50 tooth though, because its hard to take off in tight spots and i ride in the woods alot.

• whyzee79

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:38 AM

Thats cool. :thumbsup:

I am trying to track down a graphics kit for it.

In particular, I am looking for N-Style Team graphics from 2003. they had red/white/blue/black, with black # plates.

I can't find em!! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.