Clarkie

3 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 22, 2000 - 09:42 PM

Clarke,

Is it really a vast improvement when you punched out your bike to a 420? Was the real benefit distributed around the entire rev range or was it specific?

I was actually thinking of doing this. Gary at WB told me to bring down my stock head and he would swap it for a 420 head with all the bits and pieces and a really good price. I dont remeber the figure, i will have to call him tomorrow to find out.

Mitch

• Clark_Mason

Posted May 23, 2000 - 04:26 PM

Mitch

I have not punched mine out to a 417cc yet but I'm thinking seriously about it.

Clark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted May 23, 2000 - 04:31 PM

It is very tempting isn't it.....

The last time I spoke to Gary about the 420 kit was about 2 months ago. His feedback was great. The initial teathing problems they had were resolved the the upgrade is VERY stable and relaible. They have been racing the 420 kits for about 12 months and have had no problems...

I will speak to him tomorrow and get some additional feedback.

Mitch

• RodH

Posted May 23, 2000 - 05:25 PM

Mitch, just in case you didn't know, Phil Tomlin does these kits as well.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.