2007 WR Headlight

8 replies to this topic
  • Keoni

Posted July 18, 2007 - 03:15 AM

I have a 2007 TW200 and I really dont care for the look of the headlight and fairing. I dont really care for whats available aftermarket either. I would like to order the whole headlight assembly for an 07 WR and put it on, but I need high and low beam for the street legal laws. The only local Yamaha dealer is no help, if it isn't a sport bike they dont know jack about it (Unbelieveable! The parts guy asked me whats a WR?). Can yall tell me if the 07 WR's come with a high and low beam? Or has any one made thiers street legal and installed an aftermarket low and high beam headlight?

Thanks

• WR_Dave

Posted July 18, 2007 - 04:15 AM

The WR headlight (bulb) has three prongs on it for Hi, Low and ground. I believe it's only a 35watt bulb though, I don't know if that's enough light. I wired mine for a switch and to run on the high beam filament, it's enough to get out of a trail after dark. WR Dave

• SXP

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:02 AM

As Dave mentioned, the stock 07 WR bulb does have a high and low beam (35W/35W), which is the same as your TW200 (my wife has one). If you can figure out how to mount it to the TW, you should be good to go. However, I do believe the TW headlight lens does a much better job of giving you a usable light for actual night riding when compared to the WR unit.

• Keoni

Posted July 19, 2007 - 03:19 AM

Yeah good visibility is important too. Is the bulb permanantly fixed or Is it upgradeable. I know some of the the TW's came with the 35w light like you were saying like the WR has, but my TW has a 50 or a 55 watt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:13 AM

Yeah good visibility is important too. Is the bulb permanantly fixed or Is it upgradeable. I know some of the the TW's came with the 35w light like you were saying like the WR has, but my TW has a 50 or a 55 watt.

The WR bulb is removable.

• BeeDub

Posted July 19, 2007 - 01:41 PM

What about an Acerbis Cyclopse headlight? They're awesome looking and they're ready to go!

http://www.acerbis.c...light/3002.html

• Keoni

Posted July 20, 2007 - 03:51 AM

Thanks SXP.

• Keoni

Posted July 20, 2007 - 04:10 AM

Actally BeeDub I have a Cyclops on it now. Its built kind of flimsy, when up to speed it flickers all up and down, even on pavement. Didn't care for the cyclopse's look once it was installed either. Also the beam, although its the same wattage as the stock light it is much dimmer than stock light and hard to keep adjusted. The high beam on it is pretty good though for off road, nice and bright.

• BeeDub

Posted July 20, 2007 - 12:47 PM

Actally BeeDub I have a Cyclops on it now. Its built kind of flimsy, when up to speed it flickers all up and down, even on pavement. Didn't care for the cyclopse's look once it was installed either. Also the beam, although its the same wattage as the stock light it is much dimmer than stock light and hard to keep adjusted. The high beam on it is pretty good though for off road, nice and bright.

Oh, well thanks for the info, I was thinking of putting one on my WR, because I like the look, but maybe I'll look around a bit. It might do the job though, because my WR is offroad only. By the way, I'm taking my M1 license test tomorrow for riding street, and I think the manual said it's legal and recommended to ride with your high beam on all the time, unless in foggy conditions, so maybe that could change things?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.