Where to buy engine ice at

17 replies to this topic
  • get r done

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hi guys I was wondering where to buy Engine Ice at? Do they sale it at the dealerships or where can i find it. I know I can get it on line but im trail riding this weekend and im hoping to find it closer. Please help me out thanks. Im in sacramento california if that helps

• rhino roof

Posted July 17, 2007 - 08:13 PM

They sell it all over the place Cycle Gear sells it and they are all over the place. Some dealers carry it but not all.

• Salt n Pepper

Posted July 17, 2007 - 08:13 PM

Just go check at your local parts store or dealership. They may or may not have it. My local parts store has it but not the dealerships.

• get r done

Posted July 17, 2007 - 08:22 PM

Thanks I hope honda will have it

• Roostin_Honda

Posted July 17, 2007 - 08:31 PM

www.rockymountainatv.com

• CamP

Posted July 17, 2007 - 08:43 PM

$20 for a quart of propylene glycol and a quart of water? That's the equivalent of paying $80 for a gallon of coolant.

You can buy a gallon of PG based Sierra coolant for $11 at your local NAPA.

• get r done

Posted July 17, 2007 - 10:01 PM

But is it the same as engine ice? I have heard nothing but good stuff about it.

• CamP

Posted July 18, 2007 - 07:29 AM

It's the same stuff. I just hasn't been diluted with water yet.

• MarkSims

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:13 AM

It's the water wetter in the engine ice that makes it perform better. You can add water wetter to any coolant.

• CamP

Posted July 18, 2007 - 08:36 AM

It's the water wetter in the engine ice that makes it perform better. You can add water wetter to any coolant.

Actually, all commercially available coolants already have surfactants in them. If you think you need more than what is already in your off the shelf coolant, you can add a little Redline Water Wetter. It's available at Pep Boys for less than $10.

Unless you are concerned with poisoning animals, there isn't much reason to switch to a propylene glycol based coolant like EI or Sierra. Good old $8 Prestone diluted 50/50 with distilled water and a splash of WW will cool just as effectively for about 10 cents on the dollar compared to the overpriced, overhyped EI coolant.

• tosborne0009

Posted July 18, 2007 - 02:04 PM

I use it, got a half gallon for $13. Good stuff. Oh yeah my dealer caries it.

• CamP

Posted July 18, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I use it, got a half gallon for $13. Good stuff. Oh yeah my dealer caries it.

I hate to break this to you. The 1/2 gallon jug of EI contains a quart of water and a quart of propylene glycol coolant. Even at $13, you paid the equivalent of $52 for a gallon jug of Prestone.

• get r done

Posted July 18, 2007 - 03:59 PM

So pretty much what you guys are saying is go to pep boys and buy some water wetter and a gallon of prestone 50/50 right? Do I make sure it is distiled water they use in it or are all coolants made with distiled water? Thanks for all the replies

• CamP

Posted July 18, 2007 - 05:38 PM

So pretty much what you guys are saying is go to pep boys and buy some water wetter and a gallon of prestone 50/50 right? Do I make sure it is distiled water they use in it or are all coolants made with distiled water? Thanks for all the replies

Yes, go to pep boys and get a gallon of prestone. Mix it 50/50 with distilled water and you'll be good to go.

• tosborne0009

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:09 AM

What of the de-ionized watter that EI uses? Also its early still, and I'm not thinking straight, but how did I pay $52 for prestone?

• CamP

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:28 AM

What of the de-ionized watter that EI uses? Also its early still, and I'm not thinking straight, but how did I pay $52 for prestone?

You can buy a gallon of de-ionized distilled water for $1.

How did you pay $52 for Prestone? If you paid $13 for a 1/2 gallon jug of EI what you got was 1 quart of water and 1 quart of actual coolant. There's four quarts in a gallon so if you multiply that 1 quart of actual coolant times four you will find that you paid the equivalent of $52 for a full gallon of straight coolant.

Prestone is $8-9 for a gallon of straight coolant that hasn't been diluted with water yet.

• jasonpearee

Posted July 19, 2007 - 07:59 AM

I get mine at the local Circle K right down the road....

• get r done

Posted July 19, 2007 - 07:08 PM

K guys I got prestone and some distiled water O yea and the water wetter. Im putting it in on friday before a sat. day ride in the hills. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

private mx track? by riyaadhd

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  166 replies
Forums
Photo

2006 crf450r kick started being stuck by Sheldonjace2013

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

TRAIL READY 13 CRF 450R? by ShazzaM

• Hot  26 replies
Forums
Photo

2007 crf450 stuck in gear by Jackthomas1989

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

2003 crf450r by bain33

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.