Ron, Any new video clips?

11 replies to this topic
  • barry

Posted January 25, 2001 - 04:47 AM

The last one's were great...

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 25, 2001 - 11:25 AM

Long story short:

offroadhaus has been kind enough to offer server space for video files, but we have to figure out how to get the files to him (no ftp).

I have been deleting old files from my website, freeing up room for at least two more clips. They are at:

How many of you guys watch these things? If there is a big enough demand I just may have to increase my $ystem $pace. :) Let me know…

• barry

Posted January 26, 2001 - 12:26 AM

Great Stuff!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 26, 2001 - 08:32 AM

I watch it with great interest, where did you say you live?

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 26, 2001 - 09:44 AM

Hey Al,

Please meet me in the desert this weekend for some off-road fun. Wear your Birkenstocks with the knobby tire tread, your gonna need them!

• Dougie

Posted February 04, 2001 - 09:12 AM

That was fun Ron. I just got AT@T At Home for the internet (through the cable). Finally got to take a peak at the videos (downloaded in only :20). I can't wait to get out and try my Helmet Camera. I've had it since Xmas and have yet to put it to use (damn snow).

One Q? Were you guys using studs in the tires through the snow?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Coop39

Posted February 04, 2001 - 12:17 PM

What helmet cam are you using ?? I sell the helmet cams, and yours seems to have image stabilization??? or is it from ??? please let me know, and thanks for the video's

See ya Coop39

• Bill

Posted February 04, 2001 - 02:03 PM

The video is great, I've watched all of them a bunch of times. I'm stuck indoors back here in Pennsylvania and would love to see more.

The MX vids here were ok, kind of grainy and no sound. The sound in your videos, get's me pumped.

Thanks and waitin for more,

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Pyroted

Posted February 04, 2001 - 05:55 PM

I will sit and watch one of the short AVI's late in the afternoon while at work. It will get me through the rest of the day. Nothing like seeing the blue front fender and the upcoming terain, and hearing the rumble of the exhaust note to light a fire under you. Keep them coming

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 04, 2001 - 06:19 PM

I was sitting in front of my computer watching Ron's video for the fourth time and I realised my arms were getting pumped up. Then I looked down and I was gripping my mouse (the one that clicks) so hard, my knuckles were white. Plus, my leg got a cramp in it.
Good job Ron

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 04, 2001 - 06:29 PM

I watch them all too - very cool. Different sort of terrain than I'm usually riding. Keep up the good work! I am also interested in what your cam setup is - has this been discussed in another thread? Thanks. -Chris

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted February 05, 2001 - 07:49 AM

Wow, this is cool. I've been getting e-mails from around the world asking for more videos. My riding buddies want to ham it up but don't want to be the first one to endo in front of me. It makes for some interesting conversation during breakfast before we ride. I'm having fun with it.

The camera I am using is the one found at and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing this. I'll put more information about my setup on my web site.

Went riding again yesterday and shot more footage. This time we went to the desert near Victorville California, classic cal desert riding with ideal conditions of 75 degrees F and lots of dust (we need more rain here). Look for the clips later today at:

Unfortunately, I'm still dealing with the limited web space issue so I have to remove the prior video files to upload the new ones. I'm working on fixing it.

Dougie, no studs in the tires for the snow, just slip-sliding around with a big smile.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.