First ride impression from an 650l ex-owner

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 20, 2000 - 03:02 PM

I got my used road legal wr400 99 two weeks ago. I spent my first free time (today) riding it on road.

The bike is not as torkey as the 650 due to the difference is crankshaft weight and displacement probably. However, power is wonderfull and I'm falling in love with that bike. This bike is a lot lighter and crisper on power and control, couldn't go back to a 650l. Sure the seat is like rock but after an hour on-road it is less painfull than the 650l. The 650l had an hollow place on the seat an I was always fightting to put my ass outside than too-soft area. The seat of the wr is a lot harder but my ass is not always wanting to go in an hole spot!!!
Easy to start bike even if the procedure is not as fast as a start button.
Next step is to install the complete megamax I got from Clark, switch to yz timing and rejet. I'll post the result here for sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted May 21, 2000 - 07:23 AM

I agree 100 percent Robin.
I got my WR after owning an XR650L. I intended on keeping both bikes. But I loved the WR so much, I scrapped the XR. The ONLY thing the XR did better than the WR was start (electric start). After riding the WR, the XR's crappy handling and pig like weight over shadowed the e button.

Bryan...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 23, 2000 - 06:06 PM

I also came off a 650L. I had put on a firm seat from thumper racing that helped the 650 alot. The first 2 - 3 rides took some adjustment, less torque and I killed the motor more often trying to lug the motor... now I still have the 650L but the bike stays parked... the WR is so much better. I can't believe the difference - 60 lbs less weight and more ponies under the tank!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Robin from Mtl, canada:
I got my used road legal wr400 99 two weeks ago. I spent my first free time (today) riding it on road.

The bike is not as torkey as the 650 due to the difference is crankshaft weight and displacement probably. However, power is wonderfull and I'm falling in love with that bike. This bike is a lot lighter and crisper on power and control, couldn't go back to a 650l. Sure the seat is like rock but after an hour on-road it is less painfull than the 650l. The 650l had an hollow place on the seat an I was always fightting to put my ass outside than too-soft area. The seat of the wr is a lot harder but my ass is not always wanting to go in an hole spot!!!
Easy to start bike even if the procedure is not as fast as a start button.
Next step is to install the complete megamax I got from Clark, switch to yz timing and rejet. I'll post the result here for sure.
[/QUOTE]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.