Another fuel tank query

3 replies to this topic
  • Mike_Hall

Posted May 19, 2000 - 05:07 AM

Will a 98/99 fuel tank (12 ltrs?) bolt straight on to my 2000 WR (European spec, 8 ltrs)? I assume the 8 ltr tank is the same as a YZ tank, so there seem to be plenty of people going the other way.

Will the rad cowlings and seat still fit properly, or would I need to change these as well?

I'm not really interested in the big (3gal+) tanks - I just need to be able to ride for 2 hours on a tank (only get about 90mins on 8ltrs)

Mike Hall

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted May 20, 2000 - 06:25 AM

The rad cowls bolt right up on the U.S. version of the YZ tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RodH

Posted May 21, 2000 - 01:57 AM

The 98 and 99 YZ tank will fit on a 98 or 99 WR400. The YZ426 tank will fit the 2000 European or Australian WR400. The 426 and 00 WR shrouds have a completley different lower mount, and the radiaotrs are different too.

Now I would say the fuel tank will fit if you use the new shrouds. The fuel tank mounts seem to be the same, and the 2 shroud holes in the tank appear to be in the same position.

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• Mike_Hall

Posted May 22, 2000 - 01:04 AM

Bit of confusion here!

I don't think I want a YZ tank. I have an 8 ltr WR tank (standard on the euro spec '00)and I believe that YZ400/426 tanks are also 8 ltrs.

I want a bigger tank, hence my asking if the '98/'99 WR tank would fit (because they are 12 ltrs)

Mike Hall

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.