fuel mileage

5 replies to this topic
  • HGaither

Posted May 15, 2000 - 06:12 PM

does anyone know how many miles you can get out of the yz tank filled to the rim?

• Mike_Hall

Posted May 19, 2000 - 05:13 AM

No, but I can get about an hour and and a half doing a fairly open enduro on my '00WR (8 ltr tank - european spec) at a reasonable clubman pace. Should be able to work out a (very) rough milage from that!

Mike Hall

• RodH

Posted May 20, 2000 - 12:21 AM

I did 91kms today and was on reserve for a fair while, so when I got home I took the cap off and had a look and there was no fuel are the petcock, so that explained the last few kms of spluttering. I had the tank of to check the plug, so I tip the remaining fuel from the tank, and there was exactly 200ml left. So 7.8lt went exactly 91kms.

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff_in_AZ

Posted May 20, 2000 - 09:22 PM

I usually get about 35 miles to a gallon of gas (except in the dunes where it drops to around 17).

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 21, 2000 - 12:02 PM

I have a Canadian 00WR400 and got about 150 Kms ( which is roughly 90 miles)to a full tank and completely ran it dry on reserve as well. This was on logging roads and tight trails. I believe it is a 12 Litre tank ( 3.17 U.S. Gallons). Hope this helps, Marco

• Steve_Morgan

Posted May 22, 2000 - 11:15 AM

My WR with WR timing, 172 main, 45 pilot, open intake/exhaust, & stock gearing, gets 27 mpg on hard packed surfaces. I've heard about 20-25 mpg in the desert sands...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.