set my sag, is this ok?

3 replies to this topic
  • ridinredneck

Posted July 17, 2007 - 01:01 PM

i have a 99 wr400f. i am 6'3 205lbs. all stock suspension front and rear. i raised my forks 9mm,then set my sag as follows. static 1 inch. race 4 1/8 inch. would these settings be ok for riding trails really hard and racing hare scrambles? any info appreciated. thanks

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 17, 2007 - 06:32 PM

Have you ridden it w/ that set up? If so how does it feel?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • VB_Racing

Posted July 17, 2007 - 07:59 PM

i have a 99 wr400f. i am 6'3 205lbs. all stock suspension front and rear. i raised my forks 9mm,then set my sag as follows. static 1 inch. race 4 1/8 inch. would these settings be ok for riding trails really hard and racing hare scrambles? any info appreciated. thanks

Sounds pretty good to me, you might want to shorten up the race sag to 3.5 to 4 inches though, it will help quicken the steering, just make sure it doesn't shake around too much.:thumbsup:

Dave

• ridinredneck

Posted July 17, 2007 - 09:14 PM

havent ridden it yet. pouring rain when working on it. try to tomorrow

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.