sag

1 reply to this topic
  • Kyle

Posted May 21, 2000 - 09:25 PM

I just measured the rear sag per the manual and the difference is 5 inches not the recommended 3.5 to 4. I weigh 185 with full gear.
Question is, to decrease this difference would I loosen the adjuster to decrease pressure on the spring? Also any idea where to find a tape measure in mm. instead of inches?

Dougie I will be following your progress on here with the suspension deal, I too am getting interested in this.

Thanks all,

Kyle

------------------
'00 WR, Renthal bars, Cycra hand guards, throttle stop cut,for now everything else stock

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted May 21, 2000 - 12:30 PM

You want to compress the spring more to reduce the sag from 5 inches. You will probably need at least 3-4 complete turns on the spring to close the gap by an inch. Seems to me about one and a quarter turns on the shock spring/adjuster nut equals about one quarter inch in sag height.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.