Baja Designs baffle no more! Need help!

4 replies to this topic
  • MIxr650r

Posted July 17, 2007 - 11:29 AM

Baja Designs is not selling the baffle that inserts into the O.E.M. power up spark arrester anymore. I guess they had a problem with the supplier. I already purchased the power up tip and doubt I can return it. Does anyone know who might sell an insert for the tip. I need to quiet the beast down here in Michigan. Or if anyone has one they are willing to sell used? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted July 17, 2007 - 11:50 AM

Baja Designs is not selling the baffle that inserts into the O.E.M. power up spark arrester anymore. I guess they had a problem with the supplier. I already purchased the power up tip and doubt I can return it. Does anyone know who might sell an insert for the tip. I need to quiet the beast down here in Michigan. Or if anyone has one they are willing to sell used? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

There is another baffle made by Dawg that works. I have both inserts (Baja's and Dawgs). Baja's is a bit quieter but the Dawg ain't bad at all. You need the power up tip to use either of them. The Dawg insert is still available. dB DAWG - Silencer Insert - External Fit Part # 8002 fits the XR650R power up tip.

Here is a link to the outfit that sells the Dawg.
http://www.dirtwerkz.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MIxr650r

Posted July 19, 2007 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the information Old Man Time.

If anyone would be intrested in selling a used baja baffle they may have please p.m. me. This is for my cousins bike and i need to get it as quiet as possible. In michigan the limit is 92 d.b.'s and their very strcit about it. My cousin would be willing to pay the new retail price for a used one.

Thanks again.

• XRR-kat

Posted July 19, 2007 - 06:16 PM

BD Tip still available according to Tucker Rocky catalog, page 29: http://www.powerspor...cgi-bin/zcatjpg

Only claims to be good for 96 db.

• MIxr650r

Posted July 22, 2007 - 01:34 AM

Thanks, Ill check it out.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.